Live For The One

Nash POV

Cameron accompanies me to the bank where I have my accounts. We decided to close those accounts because my father has all of the information to them. He guides me through the paperwork of closing the accounts and transferring all of my money to brand new accounts with the same bank.

"Maybe we should have a joint account, you know for like... all of our costs of living." I suggest nervously. Maybe he doesn't want to be tied to an 18 year old. He studies me thoughtfully as he ponders my suggestion.

"That might not be a bad idea," he replies. "But it will be a brand new account, we can link it to our other accounts but maintain those accounts separate."

I nod even though I meant to add him to mine because I don't want to argue with him. One joint account is good enough.

We submit the paperwork to the bank employee and she checks my ID before transferring all of my accounts. I keep Hayes and Sky's accounts alone because no one can withdraw money from it, only they can once they turn 18.

I transfer some money to our new joint account and Cameron does the same. After fixing my accounts we head to a meeting with Pepsi. I don't even know how Cameron managed to get a meeting with such a big company but I'm so excited.

When we arrive Cameron gives my name and we're immediately escorted to the top floor of the building and we sit down at an oval table. The glass windows are from top to bottom and the view here is magnificent. I can see the Hollywood sign from here and I'm in love with this city. We don't wait long for a few men in business suits enter the room. Cameron and I both stand to shake their hands. Once the introductions are made we sit back down.

"Let me just say that we are all excited to be meeting with you today,Nash. We feel that a young successful athlete such as yourself is what we need to launch our new campaign." An older man at the head of the table speaks first, I think his name is Mark. Even though they just introduced themselves, I'm actually pretty horrible with names unless I repeat to myself to ingrain it in my brain.

"We are excited as well, we were both happy to hear back from you regarding a potential partnership with Pepsi," Cameron replies. He speaks so smoothly and charmingly, he's relaxed and confident. He's so distracting and I have to fight to pay attention to what they're talking about instead of drooling over Cameron like I want to.

They pass down two copies of the contract and we start discussing each page in detail. Cameron asks pertinent questions, he's so much better at this than my father. My father would flip right to the last page to see what they were paying and then would haggle with the executives regarding the amount offered. He was so embarrassing that I stopped going to the meetings, I guess that's when he took the opportunity to steak from his own son.

When we get to the last page my eyes widen and I have to control my reaction because there are many zeros listed underneath agreed compensation.

"This includes the entirety of the contract. Nash would film 4 different commercials, they can be filmed at the same time over a weekend which we would then release one per quarter of the calendar year. He would also use Pepsi products exclusively, this includes at competitions. We would prefer that he use Propel at competitions, that's our marketed sports drink. This contract is renewable if we find that we work well together and that our continued affiliation would be beneficial to both parties," Mark states and I stare down at the figure listed on the page. I have to blink a few times because I'm pretty sure that says 7 million dollars.

It took me a long time to save up what I had built in my savings account, to have that amount doubled and then some is absolutely amazing. I never imagined that I would be paid this much by a sponsor, it's absolutely amazing.