terrible twos .

2020 , March , 13th .

the entire nation went through a lockdown , the virus began to spread like wildfire and with very little knowledge of what the virus could do to people , many leaders took lead and made it mandatory for masks to be worn .

amaury had to work later than usual , leaving the little toddler alone with her babysitter , aurelia started to use her mouth more , still unable to pronounce the words correctly , she just entered her terrible twos .

"dada why we wer dis" she asks playing with the mask , "it's to protect ourselves , and others ." amaury responds , "from wat" she continues , "from a virus that hurts people ." amaury retorts before picking aurelia up and into his arms , "dada why did wou wick me up" "it's because daddy wants to hold you ." he simply says while walking to his car , "but wat-" the toddler begins but her father sticks a pacifier to her mouth , "umph" she pouts drastically while sucking onto the pacifier , amaury opens the car door and places aurelia in her booster seat , he straps her down before he went to the driver's side .

"why sky bue"

"reflects the ocean"

"wat a ocean"

"a large mass of water"

"wat mass"

"the amount of matter that is in an object"

"wat object"

amaury got annoyed at this point , "go to sleep" he says as he makes a left turn , "but my pacie" she says dangling her feet and dropping her pacie to the floor of the car .

"we'll be home soon ." he says , and the toddler couldn't wait till then so she continued to ask questions .

"me cute yes" she says looking to her daddy , "you're adorable ." he dotes pulling into the driveway and pushing the remote to the garage door to open , he removed his buckle before opening the door then opening the door to the backseat and unstrapping aurelia , "pscieee!!" she says , he sighs and picks up the now dirty pacifier from the floor .

the two arrived home safely , and aurelia had to go tinkle , "dada!! me tinkleee" she says , amaury started to potty train her and she felt she needed to be a big girl each time she needs to pee .

"you still need to wear your diaper ." he says guiding her into the restroom , he helped take off her pants as she sits on the potty , then he felt a vibrations in his back pocket , "think you can handle this on your own?" he asks before answering the call , "yes dada!!!" she says confidently , amaury smiled before he stepped out the restroom .

by the time he returned to the restroom , there was pee everywhere by the potty , "how did you manage this ." he asks astonished , "i don't knoe" she gives a pout , "let's clean you up ." he says wiping her then placed her in the tub , "you can take your clothes off and i'll clean up this mess" he says sighing .

after the bubble bath , aurelia was placed in a crib and he put a diaper on her for a good night's sleep . "the babysitter will be here soon okay" he says , aurelia was getting dozy and wanted to cuddle with her stuffy animals , "otay" she mumbles before she drifts to sleep .

amaury let the baby-sitter into their home , the babysitter was a teen boy and he had ruffled hair , and was not bad looking for a kid , "hello mr.clermont" the boy says showing his respect .

"my daughter is sleeping at the moment , but rules are simple , keep checking up on her , and make sure she properly eats all her veggies , then help her use the restroom ." amaury explains .

after a few instructions , and amaury left to work .

the boy whose name was Xander , he recently turned 16 years old , and he needed a part time job to save up for a new phone .

aurelia woke up and started crying , xander went to the room that aurelia had been in , and picked her up from the crib , "hey it's okay , no need to cry ." he says gently as possible , when he saw aurelia for the first time , she reminded him of his little sister , he decided to take extra care of her .

aurelia was placed to her high chair and had a bib on , then he fed her the food that amaury left notes on .

"wat dis" aurelia scowls , "it's your food" he tells her , "where dada" she asks , "he went back to work, will be back soon." he responds .

"otay" she says eating the peach flavoured baby food .

"And your dad says to have apples" he says giving her thin apple slices .

vote

follow

comment

published: 10.27.22