cruise [2]

time really moved slow when something is amidst on the ship, causing some disturbances

the intercom still remains silent as we all were still stuck in the cabin room.

"lets play some cards" i suggest, as I pull some chairs towards the table on the balcony.

"daddy i dont know how" my little girl says with a tinge of blush to her face, she always hates to be.. what do you call it? inferior.

"no worries mon bébé, daddy will teach you" i say, rue and atlas take their seats as my daughter sits on my lap.

"this is a game of trash. It's simple. We are dealt 10 cards down, and we must get a sequence of 10, and then it goes down." I explain.

"Rue come demo" i say as I dealt her a hand, and my daughter so she can see what to do,

"okay! daddy i got it" my little girl says determined.

"just saying, im competitive" atlas chimes,

"I'll beat you all" rue says confidently, and I just smirk.

"my daddy will beat you guys!!" aurie says with her fist in the air, "mhm, you dont think you can beat daddy?" i murmur as I play with her hair.

"well, if daddy really wants to cry. i will beat him" my daughter says with a fake frown as she pretends to feel remorse for me, if anything at all, my daughter is a fierce gamer.

she'll compete in anything, and when I mean anything.. I mean anything.

i still remember the time that she walked in on me peeing, and was intrigued with the way I peed.

so, she decided to pee that way, and it made sense in her little mind but to me it was just innocent and adorable.

i chuckle at the memory, without realizing the game just started, "hm! whats funny daddy" aurie asks accusingly as she places her last card, and I was dealt 10 cards and she was at 9, "my, i just remembered how you thought it was a competition to mimic me" i briefly say as i give her a kiss to her temple.

i just enjoy moments like these, i wish she'd just stay that size, i dont mind taking care of her even for the rest of my life.

"baby can you believe you are going to be a 1st grader!?" i mention at the thought, even though 12th grade is still far away in her mind, to me it was going to happen in a blink of an eye.

time really moves fast when you're old.

"daddy! i win" i get interrupted from my train of thoughts, even though I was lost in my thoughts, my body went on autopilot and continue to play the game.

"woah, you really are good at this" i praise, i knew it was just the luck of the draw. "thanks daddy, now I shall give rue braids!" she chimes,

"you do that." and with that, I turn to atlas.

"you want to talk about it" i ask, and he was confused at what I meant, but then realization hits him, "truth? the moment she woke up from the very long slumber, she became different." he begins,

"Different how?"

"like.. she didn't remember me, or the family. she created this persona of everyone in the family, and.." he just trails off.

"im scared to get close" he concludes before he gets up going back into the cabin and went to do who knows what.

leaving me with my thoughts, my daughter was still braiding rue's hair, and for a moment rue really appear beautiful.

no, she's always been beautiful, I just didnt want to admit it.

COMMENT

vote

follow

published: 11.28.22

a/n: thank you for reading! comments are welcome btw :)

Please SUGGEST WHAT WILL HAPPEN. I NEED SOME INSPO!!! it is required :D, I'd like to know what you want and what you want to happen!!