growing pains

Aurelia

I feel sad when dad doesn't wave back, and I just continue to play by myself.

around lunch time, i see daddy, and I get uncomfortable, because I don't want daddy to hurt cause of me,

but then, when daddy says to hug him, I feel so happy.

daddy is back!

I cried out of joy and I fall asleep in daddy's arms, then I wake up and daddy isn't there which I panic.

"daddy!" i cry out and then daddy swings the door open like I'm severely hurt.

"oh. daddy is really here" i calm myself as daddy lifts me into his arms "I'm not going to go away." he reassures me and I give him my biggest smile.

I love daddy and he finally is back, i can't wait to tell rue..!

even uncle chase needs to know.

6 YEARS LATER ...

I am now 12 years old and I got so many cool gifts from a lot of people.

daddy gave me lots of gifts like more jewelry, and we recently moved to a larger modern home, and we now reside in Alsace, and it's so pretty.

we even adopted a cat, and the cat sleeps with me all the time, and daddy is now 38 years old.

and I have a little brother now! he's just 4 years old, and I love him to bits and pieces.

daddy married rue and now we are a big family! because another baby is coming, and I always place my ears to mama's stomach, and one day I asked daddy how the baby gets there.

we all were out at a restaurant when I decide to ask, and I saw mama turning red and then my grandparents just coughed, and then my baby brother, Elijah is too busy playing with his food.

"dad?" I ask, I don't even know how Elijah came to be,

"well. I kissed your mommy" daddy explains and i was shocked, a kiss? and a baby is in her stomach! whoa.

"but daddy how come I don't get a baby when you kiss me." i say now, and then grandpa spits his drink out and then wipes himself, and then mommy facepalms.

I never seen daddy look so flustered, "my love because you are my daughter, it doesn't work that way." daddy says, and I nodded in understanding.

"daddy can you make a sister for me? I don't want another brother" i say looking at Elijah whose stuffing his face with chicken nuggets.

I already have two little brothers, Elijah who already is 4, and then little Zane who is 2 years old, then you have me 12.

"maybe the baby in her stomach is a girl" daddy says, and I get excited at the idea of having a little sister.

"yay! but daddy if not a girl, give me one." I say, after all daddy can just kiss mommy again until we get me a little sister.

"sure baby." daddy responds and then the food arrives, and we have fun conversing with each other.

and then... mommy says her water breaks.

which means the baby is coming! I was so excited, and daddy is with mommy as they rush to the hospital, while me and my little brothers and grandparents take us by car to the hospital.

——————

"it's a girl!" they announce and I jump to my feet, I was beyond happy, and mama said I can hold the baby, and I did.

I was obsessed with her already, "Estelle! Can we name her that?" i say, and they weren't against the name so.. I got to name my baby sister.

"little star" i say, and I was going to be the best big sister to all of my siblings.

"thank you papa!" i say, but he says that I should thank mama, which I did that.

so the best present is having a baby sister, and I was happy.

then a few days, daddy enters my room.

"my love" daddy says as he sits on the edge of my bed, "Dad what's up?" I say, "do you like being a big sister? you aren't mad?" dad asks, i was confused, why would I be mad?

"dad, I love it, why?" I responded,

"mon bébé, even though you have siblings, it doesn't change the fact you will always be my baby girl okay?" daddy explains.

with all of my emotions I pushed down, trying to replace with happy thoughts, came surfacing up.

"Dad.. there are moments I think that you don't love me, cause all of my siblings are from another mother" i say, and I looked down at my lap, it's true.

everything happened in a blur that I felt that I was an outsider, i knew it was just me overthinking, but daddy helped reassure me.

"I know I'm not allowed to have favourites, but always remember that you were my day one. you will always be my favourite." he murmurs as he pulls me onto his lap giving me a kiss on the forehead.

"and, if you ever have doubts, tell me, because I won't ever stop loving you, even if you end up having a lot of siblings" he continues to tell me,

"thanks dad." i say, and I hug daddy, and then he says that it's a family movie night and I was so happy.

"okay! I will get ready" I say and like that dad gets off my bed and exits my room.

I enter the living  room, and pillows everywhere, we built a fort and I haven't seen uncle chase in awhile, and I was worrying for him, but i focused on the task at hand.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ t h e '*•.¸ ¸.•*' e n d ˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚

published: 2.25.23

vote
comment
follow

a/n: hey guys, this story is very short I am aware, it's a short and concise story, i have no future updates for this story. I hope you guys enjoyed this story, even if it's short. stay tuned for new stories and updates ❤️