papa? (2)

summer just started, only 3 days in and daddy still doesn't want me around.

i didn't want to hurt daddy, so I try my best to stay out of his way, although daddy doesn't want me, he isnt chasing me out of the house.

i know that if he did, rue or atlas would scold him, but just thinking about that makes me sad.

"can we go on a picnic?" i ask rue, thankfully daddy isn't here, he was away at work.

"did you clean your room?" rue asks me, as i nod my head.

"okay. Go get change and I'll pack the stuff" she responds and I smile big.

"thank you! rue" i say and as I rush off to my bedroom, I am a big girl so I change on my own, and can do big girl things, except math, math will forever be hard.

i chose to grab a pink floral shoulder crop top with ruffle layered shirt along with a plain black skirt, after compiling my outfit, a photograph falls off the shelf.

i pick it up, and notice it's me as a infant as daddy is giving me a kiss to the forehead, i grab to the photograph and hold it as I stare at it.

i miss daddy.

so I put the photograph away, and changed into the outfit.

when I make my way down the stairs , and into the foyer, at the 5th to last step I see daddy.

i froze in spot, i didn't want daddy to see me or notice me, but he is suppose to be at work!?

then rue emerges from the left wing, and is in view, i was so happy to see her, "you look so cute" rue compliments me as she makes her way to the entrance, i grimaced as daddy turns his attention to me.

i already knew daddy would be grabbing his head as his head is in pain, "Change her outfit" daddy says to rue, but I felt offended.

I really like my outfit, it's really summery.

"But you said she isn't your daughter. why would you care?" i hear rue tell her, and I try to hide my grin.

"As long as she is living with me, she won't be wearing those" i hear daddy, and for a second I thought daddy is back, daddy really is overprotective and when daddy said those words I beamed.

is daddy back?

"try to remember, she is your child." my nanny proceeds to say, but I hear daddy scoffing and grabbing his car key and went out the door.

i sigh, i guess daddy isn't back.

"honey. you know he's trying." rue explains to me, but I just shrug, maybe I'd have to make new memories with him.

"was daddy always this scary?" i ask, as rue helps me into the car, with atlas as the driver.

i see rue thinking for a long time, but proceeded to say he isn't scary.

but I knew she was lying.

we arrive at a nice park, i see people biking, and walking, and other kids playing.

"okay I pick the spot" i say as atlas stops the car and I run to the best spot on the grass, and rue helps me lay down the blanket.

then I see atlas closing the car door and making his way towards us, "ready to eat ladies?" he asks and I nod with eagerness.

atlas helps get my sandwich prepared, and before I could get a bite in, atlas took the first bite.