Variant

Loki picks up the tesseract and throws it between his hands

"We have been hunting a variant that has been killing TVA squadrons. They have also been taking the timeline resets." The door opens and Mobius walks in.

"Loki?" Mobius walks in with a prune stick. "Nowhere left to run."

"Does it look like he is running Mobius?" I scoff. "It's not like he can anyway."

"I can't go back, can I?" Loki asked and sets the tesseract down. "Back to my timeline."

"No." I say quietly. "You can't." Loki takes a breath and looks at Mobius. He looks as if he was looking through his whole life.

"I don't enjoy hurting people. I... I don't enjoy it. I do it because I have to, because I've had to."

"Okay, explain that to me." Mobius lowers the pruning stick. Here comes therapist Mobius...

"Because it is part of the illusion. It's the cruel, elaborate trick conjured by the week to inspire fear."

"A desperate play for control. You do know yourself." Mobius stepped towards us.

"A villain."

"You are not a villain." I growl, Loki looked at me shocked. "That's not how I see you, and I've seen many evil people." Loki looks to my eyes, searching for a lie that isn't there. He blinks back and lowered his head to the tesseract.

"You try to use that?" Mobius asks as Loki picks up the tesseract.

"Oh, several times. Even an infinity stone is useless here." Loki breaths a laugh. "The TVA is formidable."

"That's been my experience. Listen I can't offer you salvation, but maybe I can offer you something better." Mobius says. "A fugitive variant has been killing our minutemen."

"And you need the God of Mischief to help you stop him?" Loki looks at me then walks up to Mobius.

"That's right."

"Why me?"

"The variant we are hunting is..."

"You." "A Loki." Mobius and I say together.

Loki looks at me. "I beg your pardon." I nod. He looks back to Mobius.

"One of your variants have been our men. And we need you, the God of Mischief to help us find him." Mobius turned off the pruner. "Will you help us?" Loki looked at me and I smiled.

"Would I just be another one of your wins? Yet another variant you saved but don't respect?" Did he just stand up for me?

"No." Mobius smiled. "You'll be hers." Mobius pointed to me.

"What?" My head snapped to Mobius. "What do you mean mine?"

"You have been here for a while now and I don't feel like having to watch another trickster." Mobius shrugged. "He's your problem now, make sure you teach him how things work around here." He said before leaving the room.