Italy

Mobius brought us to 79AD Pompeii, Italy, volcanic apocalypse, tragic

"Here we go." Loki whispers.

"Shh, any minute." Mobius whispers.

"Until this entire town is wiped off the face of this planet." Loki said in amusement. "Imagine. All that volcanic ash..."

"I know. We don't want to get to giddy." Mobius interrupts Loki.

"Oh, come on. It's cool." Loki whispers.

"No, it's cool, but it's just not in good taste because..."

"They're all going to die anyway." Loki furrowed his brows. I roll my eyes at Loki.

"Gosh Loki. Mobius just take out your tempad and watch for any variance. And why are you two whispering?" I pull Loki out into the street. "Let's have fun. It's the end of the world, nothing matters."

"Let's." Loki runs to a cart of goats and frees them. "Go! Be free, my horned-friends, be free!" I cross my arms and he shrugs.

"That's the best you can do?" I smirk and turn to my normal form. "Such disappointment." I began to walk around. Italians screaming.

"My name is Nedra. We are are here to end your lives." I yelled in Italian and smiled at Loki. "Come on Loki, be the monster you believe yourself to be." She shakes his head. "You." I pointed to him. "Need to learn to love who you are.... Be blue with me." I opened my arms.

"I-." Loki's smile faded slightly. I sighed and lowered my arms.

"It's fine Loki, in time. You're still getting use to the Jotun side being part of you." The volcano erupted. "Have fun Loki." I smile. His face brightens and he turns around to begin throwing items.

"Enjoy your last meal while you can!" Loki throws food. "Nothing matters!" He throws his hands up. "Nothing has any consequence! Dance while you still can!" I smile at Loki and he smiles back.

I turned to Mobius. "How did we do?" Mobius who looks at his tempad.

His eyes widened. "I don't believe it. Zero variance energy." Mobius says as we walk over. "No branching in the timeline."

"The TVA would never even know we were here." I said as Loki walked up to my side.

"If it were me, this is where I would hide." He said and looked at me then back to Mobius. "I sure love being right." He beamed.

I rolled my eyes. "Can we go before we get written in history as well?" Mobius nods and opens a doorway.

We walk in to the TVA. "Doomsday. The variants been ambushing our soldiers and hiding out in doomsdays to cover his tracks." Mobius says walking fast.

"You're welcome." Loki says.

"The disasters have to be naturally-occurring, sudden, no warning, no survivors." I said as we walked to Mobiuss desk.

"How many could there possibly be?" Loki asks

"Many doomsday's. No warning and sudden? A few maybe that fit." Mobius picks up his papers from his desk. "But we are going to find out." We head to the library.

Mobius stayed at a table and looked over the files he brought while I took Loki to be my mule, carrying all of the files that might fit the filter of doomsdays.

"How many more are there?" Loki asked with a stack of files in his hands.

"A few. Why? Getting tired, god like strength not so godly?" I chuckled and pulled out another file. "Don't worry, that was the last. Let's go back to Mobius now." I lead the way.

"It's not that I am weak." He defended. "I am very strong." I rolled my eyes.

"Maybe one of your other variants, like Hulk Loki. But you my friend, rely on magic and daggers." We left the walls of files and the few people stared at me. I sighed and turned back to my human form. "Better?!" I yelled and stormed to Mobius.

"You don't have to change out of your form you know." Mobius says while looking over his files.

"Yea? And just let people stare at me. No thanks, I'm like a sore thumb in this dull place." I sit down and Loki puts the files on the table. "It's better this way even if I hate it." I take half of the stack and start reading.

"Hmm. They only stare because you have no clothes on." Mobius chuckles. I snap my head up.

"Im not-." I huff. "I'm not naked... I'm-." Mobius looked up at me with a raised brow. "I'm not. My blue form I show doesn't have the priv-. You wouldn't understand, my skin is like.... Ugh!" I grabbed a file and flipped it open. I'm not naked!

"I think you look beautiful in your true form." Loki whispers in my ear sending shivers down my spine.

"Flattery won't help. But thank you, means a lot." I smiled at him. "Now get to work." I took a file off the pile of his stack and placed it in front of him. "We have a lot to read." He sighs and opens the file.

File after file we read, it seemed like hours but time works differently in the TVA. Loki fell asleep two files ago and I'm starting to get tired myself.

"Mobius." I yawned and closed my last file. "20 minutes." I laid my head down on the table, my arms criss crossed as a pillow. "I'll help Loki when I wake up."

"I'll give you more than 20, Ned." I hummed as a response and fell asleep.
.....

"Okay." I woke up to Mobius dropping a pile of files onto the table. "Kablooie was only sold regionally on Earth from 2047 to 2051." I sat up.

"What's going on." I yawned. "Isn't Kablooie what we found in that church variant case." I stretched. Why didn't I think of that?!!

"Yes. We need to cross-reference that with every apocalyptic event. I'm going to give you a third." He hands a stack to Loki. "And you another." He hands me a stack. "Have a competition, see who finds it." Mobius sits down and so does Loki.

"Hello sleepy." Loki smiles at me.

"Hi." I say groggy as I open the first file. "What do I get when I win?" I ask Mobius.

"Gentalmans bet. Let's play for pride. May the best man win." Mobius flips through pages.

"I'm not a man."

"No but you could be." Mobius smiled.

•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•
Don't Forget To Vote If You Liked This Chapter

I Always Love Feedback As Well
Good or Bad