Wolfs Ears

"Let me ask you this

"Let me ask you this." Loki walks next to me. "Why didn't we just travel back to before the attack, when the variant first arrives?"

"Nexus event destabilize the time flow. This branch is still changing and growing, so you gotta show up in real time."

"Did he watch any of the training videos he was supposed to?" Mobius asked me. "I put you in charge."

"As many as I could stand." Loki said. "Your TVA propaganda is exhausting." I hit is arm and glared at him. "What?" He smirked

"I made sure he knew the important stuff first." I told Mobius. "For example, Loki. What do those do." I pointed to the Hunter reset charges.

"Those are reset charges, prune the affected radius of a branched timeline, allowing time to heal all its wounds. Which sounds like a nice way to say disintegrated everything in its vicinity."

"Good job Ned." Mobius said as he walked in the tent.

"I did what you asked. I taught him, well some stuff." I walked in the tent. "He's the smart one who remembered everything."

"So he is taking hostages now?" B-15 said as we walked in.

"The variant has never taken a hostage before." Mobius stated.

"Maybe he is upping his game." B-15 countered.

"Or he pruned her." Another Hunter said.

"A Loki couldn't have gotten the jump on C-20."

"I think you underestimate, actually-." Loki said before he was interrupted.

"Fan out and search for her." B-15 ordered. "And hurry up cause we are at three units until red line."

"Come on." I told Loki.

"Wait." He said as he stared at the ground. "If you leave this tent you will end up like them." Loki turned towards us.

Mobius walked over. "What do you see?" He asked Loki.

"I see a scheme, and in that scheme, I see myself." My brow raised and I held back a laugh. Loki started to circle a dead Hunter. "We have a saying in Asgard." Loki knelt down. "Where there are wolfs ears, wolfs teeth are near. It means to be aware of your surroundings." Loki stood up and moved to another dead Hunter. "Which is absurd, because my people are, by nature, gullible fools. A trait that I, God of Mischief, exploited time and time again simply by listening." He bent down again. "My teeth were start, but my ears even sharper."

"We're running out of time Mobius." B-15 said.

"Hold it. Just give him a minute." Mobius said.

"He's playing them." I mumbled to myself.

"You remind me of them. The time variance authority and the gods of Asgard, one and the same." Loki walks towards B-15. "Drunk with power, blinded to the truth. Those who underestimate will devour you. You underestimate me, just as you underestimate this lesser Loki. Which is why you walk into one wolfs mouth after another."