He Who Remains

The man stood up and walked out of the elevator

The man stood up and walked out of the elevator. "This is wild." He chuckled. "The two of you... same person. I mean, it's a little unnatural. But... Wow! Wild." He bit into his green apple. He doesn't seem dangerous.

"He Who Remains." Sylvie said.

"He Who Remains." He said with a mouth of apple. "She still calls me that? Creepy, right? But... I like it. Come on. Come in, let's talk in my office." He backed into the elevator and we followed.

"Stay close to me." Loki whispered to me. I rolled my eyes. The doors closed.

"Not what you were expecting, hmm?" He asked.

"You're just... a man." Loki said.

"Mm. Flesh and blood. Don't tell me I'm a disappointment."

"No. Just a little bit easier to kill." Sylvie seethed and swung her sword but He moved to laying on the couch.

He laughed and moved to behind Sylvie. She swung her sword and he disappeared.

"Do you have to kill him right away?" Sylvie glared at me. "I'm just saying he doesn't look or sound dangerous." The door opened and He was standing in front.

"Come on in." He giddily walked to his desk and poured drinks. We followed him, Loki and Sylvie circled him when I just acted normal. "Please, take a seat." I've seen evil, this isn't one. Crazy maybe, but not evil. He picked up the cups and turned to the table. "Uh, Loki." He placed down a cup. "Loki." He placed down the other and turned to grab the third. "Nedra." He turned to me and lifted it for me to grab.

I walked forward with a smile and took it. "Thank you. What is it?" I sniffed it.

"Yea, two sugars." He smiled and went to sit at his desk. Loki and Sylvie sat down slowly with the weapons still aimed for battle. I moved to sit next to Loki. "It's been a long journey for you, hasn't it? Lot of running, lot of pain. And you... You're a glee on the back of a dragon. In for one hell of a ride. But you did manage to hang on. Mm. I guess that counts for something."

"I'm not sure you quite understand the situation." Sylvie growled and pointed her sword at him. Why is she so stubborn about killing him? "You've lost. We found you."

"Duh. Of course you did." Sylvie stood up and swung her sword at him, He moved away before she could cause harm. "Whoa! A swing of a miss." He laughed. "So, we're still doing that, hmm?" He sat on the back of his chair like a child. "Let's get all of this out of the way." He climbed down and took out a folder of paper. "Okay. Here we go." He flipped through and payed papers on his desk. "You can't kill me because I already know what's going to happen." Loki and Sylvie looked at the papers while I stay seated sipping my tea.

Loki huffed. "It's a parlor trick."

"Okay." He exclaimed. "Don't you wonder how I'm able to get out of the way before you kill me?"