To Shuroo

In the distance we saw a shack with lights on

In the distance we saw a shack with lights on. We walked up to the porch and Sylvie pulled out her sword.

"Brute force is no substitute for diplomacy and guile." I grabbed Sylvies arm.

She wiggled out of my grip and walked to the door. Sylvie kicked it open and then someone blasted her far back away from the shack. Expected...

"It's remarkable that you ever made it as far as you did. Sorry about that." I told the person.

"Don't be. I enjoyed it."

"Oh.. I did too. But I can assure you, despite my acquaintance behaving like an animal... we mean you no harm. We're simply weary travelers." Sylvie got back up as I talked to the woman.

"Sure you are." The woman spat. I looked into the window and saw a picture of a man and woman. If only Nedra could see this...

I turned into the man and walked to the door.

"Hello, dear. It's... it's been a long time." I fake cried. "You're as beautiful as I..." I was fired back with a grunt.

"Patrice never said a thing that nice in 30 years." The woman yelled to us. "You're no travelers, you're devils."

"Which one was that? Diplomacy?" I held up a finger to Sylvie.

"Don't. Just don't." We both got up and walked to the woman as she walked onto her porch.

"What do you devils want with me?" She had her weapon aimed at us.

"We just want to ask you a question. Where is everyone?" The woman looked like it was obvious.

"The ark.... ... The evacuation vessel."

"Something like that would have enough juice to reposed the tempad." Sylvie told me.

"How do we get there?"

"Trains stations the edge of town. But you'll never get a ticket."

"Come on, let's go." Sylvie told me and I followed her.

We walked more until we reached a train station with yelling people.

"Well, this looks fun."
"Come on."
"We can't fight our way onto that train."
"Who said anything about fighting?"
"All your plans involve fighting."
"Not this one. I'm going to enchant a guard, have him lead us through the crowd, and if anyone gives us any trouble..."
"Make him start shooting? And then what, kill evert guard and hijack the train?"

"Whether or not there a fight is entirely up to them." Or I can pull a Nedra again, sort of...

"We're doing this one my way." I grabbed her shoulders and transformed my clothes to a guards uniform. "How do I look?"

"Like someone with a shit plan." She raised a brow.

"It's a great plan. Just follow my lead." I grabbed her arms.