She Sings

When Sylvie fell asleep I decided to get more drinks, it won't hurt

When Sylvie fell asleep I decided to get more drinks, it won't hurt. What does hurt is what Sylvie has asked, love. What is love? All my life I thought I had it, and I lost it. Sure Odin never loved me, but my Mother did, and I broke her so many times. Thor loves me as a brother and I have torn that apart too. Loki's don't get Love, it's not part of them. But then Nedra...

All of my past flings have been just that, fleeting moments in my life, meaningless encounters. Yet I can't seem to get her out of my mind, but I don't love her. I have only known her a few days, but then why was I so bent to protect her?

"Men trærne danser og fossene stanser
Når hun synger, hun synger "kom hjem"
Men trærne danser og fossene stanser
When she sings, she sings "come home"
When she sings, she sings "come home"" I was definitely drunk, but never mind that.

"Men trærne danser og fossene stanser
Når hun synger, hun synger "kom hjem"
Men trærne danser og fossene stanser." I saw Sylvie walk up and we waved. She's a very saddened woman, like me. Well she is me, but she's not. She's an amazing, strong Loki.

"When she sings, she sings "come home"
When she sings, she sings "come home"
When she sings, she sings "come home"" I shushed everyone and leaned on the bar.

"I stormsvarte fjell, jeg vandrer alene
Over isbreen tar jeg meg frem
I eplehagen står møyen den vene
Og synger: "når kommer du hjem?"" I don't love her, no way. Get your head together.

"Men trærne danser og fossene stanser
Når hun synger, hun synger "kom hjem"
Men trærne danser og fossene stanser
When she sings, she sings "come home"
When she sings, she sings "come home"" Get your mind off her, she doesn't deserve to have her heart broken by me.

"To Sylvie everybody! Another!" I smashed the glass. Sylvie walks over to me and pulls me to her.

"You're drunk."

"No, I'm just full. But bear in mind, I'm very full. Now, I need you to try this. It pairs very nicely with the Figgy Port. Who's got the Figgy Port?... You'll just have to take my word on the Figgy Port-."

"Where's your uniform? We're meant to be laying low."
"Nobody cares. It's the end of the world."
"I think something is happening."
"Yes. Uh, that planet is about to crash into us."
"Don't be an ass. I saw some people looking at you weirdly."
"What? When did you get so paranoid?"
"I guess it must have started when I spent my entire life running from the omniscient fascist you work for."

"Don't call it that. She's not like that."

"I wasn't saying anything about your woman."

"She's not my woman." I frowned. I wish she was. Sylvie rolled her eyes. "Hey! I though of an answer." I leaned off the counter and walk to her front.

"To what?" She snapped.

"Your question.... ... Love is a dagger." I conjured a dagger. "It's a weapon to be wielded far away or up close. You can see yourself in it. It's beautiful." I turned it to my heart. "Until it makes you bleed. But ultimately, when you go to reach for it..." Sylvie reached for it and I vanished it.

"It isn't real."

"Yeah." She patted my arm.

"Love is an imaginary dagger. Might want to work on that when you tell your girl."

"What? I don't have a girl." I furrowed my brows.

"Not yet." SheI
looked behind me. "Stay cool." I turned around to see the guards.

"It's gonna be fine."

"Sir, can I see your tickets?" The same guard as before stood behind me.

"You again. Hello. Um, tickets. Yes, of course. Here they are." I tried to conjure tickets but my foggy brain made fireworks. "Oops. Still, it looks lovely, doesn't it?" The guard grabbed my wrists. "Look, is this really necessary? There is a simple explanation..." a guard put his hand on my chest. How dare he... "Hey"

I pushed the guard away and twisted and broke the guards arm that was holding me. Another one ran to me and my elbow collided with his face. The passengers started to run out. I attached more guards as they approached me, Sylvie was going great. Except when she was forced into a headlock and I threw a dagger with my slightly less foggy mind and missed.

"Awful throw." I shrugged and turned to a grunting sound behind me.

"Oh, will you stop it?" The guard stood up again. We fought and I kicked him out the window. "Bye."

Two guard then threw me out the window and I fell to the ground, rolling to a stop. If I was mortal I would definitely have injuries but thankfully I am not.

I saw Sylvie jump out and roll to the ground. I walked up to her and she stood up livid.

"Give me the tempad." She held her sword to my throat.

"All right. All right. Okay." I reached out and summoned the tempad which was now broken and smoking. "Well, I did take quite the tumble."

"You asshole. You killed us." I tried to see if I could fix it but it just crumbled to the floor. "You're not a serious man."

"You're right. I'm a god."

"You're a clown. You got drunk on the train. Because you could deal with the fact you, a Loki, who fears love-loves someone."

"No. That's not- I'm just hedonistic. That's what I do."

"I'm hedonistic. A lot more than you, I assure you. But never at the expense of the mission."

"The mission? The mission? What, your glorious purpose? Give me a break. You can't beat them."

Sylvie grinds her jaw and walks away with a scream. She sits down on a pile of dirt and sulks. I walked over and slowly sat down next to her.

"Did the, uh, scream make you feel better?" She glared at me, making me uncomfortable.

"Yes, it did. You should try it sometime."

"What now?"

"I don't know. You broke the tempad." She said without hope. "And that planet is about to crash into us." Not if we escape...

"Well, yes, but... What about the ark?"

"The ark never leaves because it's destroyed."

"Never had us on it." She laughs at the thought.

"So what? We hijack the ark and make sure it gets off the moon?"

"I mean. Sounds like a good idea to me." It will cause a nexus and Ned- the TVA will find us...

"Okay." She stood up and started walking.

"Really?" I followed her.

•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•
Don't Forget To Vote
If You Liked This Chapter

I Always Love Feedback As Well
Good or Bad