three

┍                                      ┑
—chapter three—
┖                                      ┙

❀•°❀°•❀

❀•°❀°•❀

❀•°❀°•❀

THIS TIME IT WAS RUE WHO WAS WAKING UP TAMA, she pushed slightly.

"Come on, get up."

The boy swatted her hand away before sitting up and rubbing his eyes, "fuck."

Rue laughed lightly, shaking her head as he exited her brothers room. She pulled her phone out of the back pocket of her shorts, she had texted Embry this morning but hadn't gotten a response from him.

Sighing, she slid her phone back into her shorts before taking a seat at the kitchen table across from her dad to tie her green converse tightly in her feet.

"How's Embry feeling?" Takoda asked, "I know you said he felt sick yesterday."

Rue shrugged, "I texted him when I woke up, but I haven't heard anything back, I guess I'll find out if he's with Jake or not."

Maia entered the kitchen, pressing a kiss to the top of her daughters head before giving her husband a kiss on the lips, "good morning."

"Is, Tama up yet?"

Rue shrugged, "I woke him up but I don't know if he actually got up."

Maia sighed, putting her hands on her hips, "TAMATI!" She yelled, "GET UP BEFORE YOU'RE LATE!"

As soon as she yelled, Tama came stumbling into the kitchen, still seeming to be half asleep, "I'm up, no need to whip out the full name."

Rue laughed as her mom shook her head, "just making sure you aren't late."

Their banter was cut short by a honk, "alright, time to go." Rue got up, "bye mama, love you, bye dad."

The adults bid their children goodbye as they rushed out the door. When the twins got outside, Rue was quick to notice that Embry was missing.

Instead of trying to squish up front with Tama and Jacob, she opted to sit in the truck bed with Quil again, "I guess Embry still feels sick."