nine

┍ ┑
—chapter nine—
┖ ┙

❀•°❀°•❀

❀•°❀°•❀

❀•°❀°•❀

AS SOON AS THE BELL RANG for school to get out, Rue was headed straight towards the parking lot. Fortunately, her teacher had let her leave a few minutes early under the guise that she had to go talk to another teacher about something.

The girl had just went ahead and hopped in Jared's truck since he left it unlocked. She watched the doors to the school as people filed out of the building. She quickly ducked when she saw the three people she had been avoiding all day.

She peeked her head up slightly, she focused on her hearing, wanting to know what they were talking about as they walked across the parking lot.

She winced at the sudden influx of voices before trying to single out the one she was looking for, just like she had practiced.

"You riding with us or Ramiro today?" Jacob asked Tama.

"You." Tama replied, "I need to talk to Rue."

Quil looked down at the mention of her name, he needed something to get his mind off her. "Hey Jake."

"Yeah?"

"Do you wanna hang out after school? I just, I don't really want to go home right now."

Jacob looked at his friend, "I actually told Bella we would hang out after school, we finally finished the bikes."

"I'm sorry Quil."

Quil shrugged, giving him a weak smile, "it's cool."

Rue jumped at the sound of the truck door being opened. She let her hearing fade back to normal, the voices shrinking down to whispers in the back of her head.

"How'd you get here before us?" Embry asked as he and Jared hopped in on opposite sides of the girl.

"Mrs. Rhodes let me leave a few minutes early, I told her I needed to talk to another teacher." Rue said.

"Oh!" Jared exclaimed as he started the truck, he turned towards Rue. "We're gonna go cliff diving in a little bit, do you wanna come with us?"