seventeen

┍                                           ┑
—chapter seventeen—
┖                                           ┙

❀•°❀°•❀

❀•°❀°•❀

❀•°❀°•❀

THE CAFETERIA WAS bustling with voices as the pack entered the room. The group had almost doubled in size from what they previously were, which meant there presence was much bigger.

Tama, Seth, and Quil had been cleared to go back to school pretty soon. None of them had many issues when it came to control unlike Paul or Malia.

Rue was the first to take a seat at their lunch table, followed by Quil and Tama who took a seat on either side of her.

Quil hadn't even grabbed food; the second he sat down, his head hit the table. "I'm so tired."

Rue let out a quiet giggle, reaching her hand up to play with the curls on his head. Tama fake gagged at the sight, making Rue send him a glare.

"Yeah," Jared agreed. "These extra patrols suck."

The rest slowly began to join them with the exception of Seth and Malia. Seth had a different lunch than them, which made Rue feel bad for him since he would usually sit with Link. Only now, he wouldn't be allowed too.

Malia on the other hand, had just decided to quit coming to school seeing as they only had one week left. The girl wanted to skip graduation as well, but Sam had absolutely forbidden it.

Embry was the last to join them, shifting awkwardly when he saw the only seat left was beside Tama. But, seeing as he didn't exactly have another option, he sat down next to the boy.

Tama tensed up, which didn't go unnoticed. Jared quickly spoke up as not to allow a blanket of awkwardness to settle over the group.

Rue locked eyes with her brother. "Just talk to him."

Tama sent her a glare, which was uncharacteristic of him. "Mind your own business."

"So," Jared started, pulling the twins out of their heads. "Sam is organizing a graduation party for Malia at his house. We expect all of you to be there, also no one is allowed to say anything to Seth because he will definitely tell her."