thirteen

┍ ┑
—chapter thirteen—
┖ ┙

❀•°❀°•❀

❀•°❀°•❀

❀•°❀°•❀

RUE HAD DARTED OUT OF THE HOUSE at the sound of a painful howl ripping through the cool air. As soon as Rue got to the woods and was covered by the thick green, she phased.

"Sam?" She called out.

"OH MY GOD WHO SAID THAT?"

Rue's eyes widened at the familiar voice. "Seth?"

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?" That wasn't the young boy's voice.

Rue kept running. "Did someone else phase?"

"RUE?" Seth questioned, "IS THAT YOU? WHAT'S HAPPENING? WHY CAN I HEAR YOU?"

"Seth I need you to tell me where you are right now."

"They're at the Clearwater house." Sam spoke, startling the wolves. "Rue, meet me there, Malia isn't too far behind."

"Sam?" The unfamiliar voice asked.

"Leah?"

"Oh shit? Did they both shift?" Malia asked.

"Who was that?" Leah snarled.

"Malia Cameron."

"WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT'S GOING ON?"

"Seth, you're okay. We'll be there in a minute." Rue told him, hoping to try and calm him down.

Sam was the first to arrive, followed by Rue. Takoda had laid some clothes out for them, so Rue shifted back as quick as she could before throwing on the tank top and shorts.

The two followed Takoda to where Leah and Seth were. Rue and Sam shared a look as they approached the wolves. One wolf, who Rue assumed to be Leah, stood in front of the other in a protective stance.

Sam slowly walked towards them but stopped when Leah snapped her jaw at him. "Look, I know I'm the last person you want to see right now, but I need you to listen to me."