twelve

┍ ┑
—chapter twelve—
┖ ┙

❀•°❀°•❀

❀•°❀°•❀

❀•°❀°•❀

THE TRIO HAD STOPPED BY RUE'S HOUSE FIRST. Tama watched out them out of his window and clenched his jaw. Now Jacob was with them too? What the hell was going on?

"Hey Tama?" Quil called out. He quickly turned around, trying to block Rue, Embry, and Jacob from his view.

"You heading home?" Tama asked, seeing that Quil had his stuff with him.

"Yeah." The two did a fist bump. "Hey, thanks for hanging out with me. I really appreciate it since Jake is sick, though he's probably just hanging out Bella."

"It's no problem," Tama shrugged, walking with him to the door. He had finally got Quil in a good mood since Rue and Embry ditched them. He didn't want it to be ruined after seeing that Jacob was with them now too.

"I'll see you on Monday."

"See ya."

Tama waited until Quil had shut the door to go back to the window, he got there just in time to see Rue hug Embry. He didn't see Jacob anymore though, guessing he had already left.

He didn't know what was going on, and seeing as he was giving Rue the silent treatment at the moment, he would have to confront someone else.

It was time for him to pay Embry a visit.

Rue approached the front door, going to open it but stopped when she heard the creak of a screen door. She turned her head to see Quil, reaching for his mailbox.

He didn't see her at first, but he froze completely when he did. Butterflies flooded his stomach, and he got that same feeling he felt when he was in the dandelion field the other day. He stared at her, watching as she opened her mouth like she was going to say something, before shutting it.

Just as her name began to fall off Quil's tongue, she opened her front door and went inside her house.

Quil stared solemnly for a few seconds before being pulled out of his daze by his mother calling out his name.

❀•°❀°•❀

RUE STARED CURIOUSLY at Embry as the pack exited the woods and began walking toward Jacob's house. "Are you okay?"