eighteen

┍                                           ┑
—chapter eighteen—
┖                                           ┙

❀•°❀°•❀

❀•°❀°•❀

❀•°❀°•❀

SCHOOL WAS OFFICIALLY OVER for the pack. Most of them had quit going anyway seeing as it was only a four day week since graduation was that Friday.

Sam had taken Malia to the high school early, stating that the rest of the pack had better be dressed and ready by the time he got back.

Malia had grumbled about having to go to graduation. The last thing the girl wanted was to dress up and walk across a stage in front of a bunch of people.

But eventually they had gotten her in the car with semi-nice clothes. Malia, begrudgingly, put on some nice dress pants, a black button down shirt, and her beat up all black vans.

Sam had almost protested about the shoes, but Malia was quick to silence him with a glare as he realized he should just be happy she was even going.

What Rue was mostly shocked about, was the fact that Malia let Emily brush and braid her hair. Like Tama, Malia had kept her hair long and often wore it in braids that fell almost to her waist.

After Sam and Malia left —not before Sam forced the girl to take a picture in her cap and gown— Jacob, Embry, Quil, and the twins all hopped into Jacob's truck so they could get ready at their own houses.

It didn't take Rue very long, opting to put on a flowy sage green dress that fell a little below her mid thigh, and her brown converse.

She ran a brush through her hair, letting it fall naturally before putting on some mascara and chapstick.

She looked at herself in the mirror, before determining she was happy with what she picked out.

The creak of her door caught her attention. She turned to see Quil standing in the doorway. Rue grinned upon seeing him.

"We match." She pointed out. Quil furrowed his brows, looking at her before looking down at his shirt, realizing it was almost the exact same shade of green.

"Oh yeah we do." He laughed.

"Come on," she said, taking his hand in here. "Let's go see if Tama is ready."