four

┍                                      ┑
—chapter four—
┖                                      ┙

❀•°❀°•❀

❀•°❀°•❀

❀•°❀°•❀

IT HAD BEEN A WEEK, since the incident at Embry's. None of the group had seen or heard from him, and he wasn't at school either. Jacob was pissed after hearing about what had happened and he had gone down to Embry's house but was met by Tiffany telling him that he still wasn't feeling good.

Rue was still a little upset about it, not that she had mentioned it to Quil or Jacob. She was just confused about the whole situation, Embry didn't have a mean bone in his body.

Malia Cameron also hadn't been at school for the past week either, which was a relief to the trio. But it seems Paul and Jared had moved their attention from Embry to Rue. It had made her seriously uncomfortable, Quil had even gone so far as to confront Paul. Which had resulted in a suspension as something set Paul off and the two got into it.

Another week had gone by, and Quil came back from his three day suspension. The fight had done little to deter Paul and Jared's staring.

The group also had yet to hear anything from Embry, despite their constant phone calls. So when the trio had seen Embry hop out of the back of Jared's truck along with his hair cropped short and a tribal tattoo on his shoulder, something went off inside of Rue.

"Embry!" Rue shouted across the parking lot, "Embry!" She got no response from the boy, he didn't even stop to look back at her when she yelled out his name.

She turned back, "what the hell?"

Jacob scoffed, "unbelievable."

Tama looked at Rue, "what's up with that? I've been kind of out of the loop."

"He went off on Rue a few weeks ago," Jacob began explaining, "and we haven't heard or seen him since that happened until now."

"What do you mean he went of on Rue?" Tama questioned.

Quil clenched his jaw, "we went to check on him and he yelled at Rue and shoved her so hard she almost fell."

Tama's eyes widened, "he did what? I'm gonna fucking kill him."

Rue grabbed his arm before he could storm off to find Embry. "it's fine."