ten

┍ ┑
—chapter ten—
┖ ┙

❀•°❀°•❀

❀•°❀°•❀

❀•°❀°•❀

IT HAD BEEN THREE DAYS since Rue's interaction with Tama. What had once become a difficult task of avoiding her brother had become easy, seeing as Tama was now ignoring Rue.

"Stop thinking about it."

Rue jumped, then sighed. She had forgotten Embry was there. He was right though, they were on patrol, she should be focused right now.

"Sorry."

The two wolves trotted along the edge of the forest, making sure they were still covered by the thick green that surrounded them.

"Rue—"

"Hey!"

The wolves quickly turned around, teeth bared, before they realized it was Malia who had approached them.

"Malia? What are you doing here?" Rue asked.

"It's Jacob," Malia told them, "he phased."

"Sam wants you guys at Billy's house with him."

Rue and Embry turned to look at each other, with a burst of excitement they took off running in the direction of their friends house.

"Just think," Embry said, "since Jake shifted, that means Tama and Quil shouldn't be too far behind him."

Rue grinned, which looked strange on the wolf's face, but Embry knew what she was doing. She pushed harder, running ahead of Embry.

To say she was excited was an understatement. The boy shifting meant that was one less person she had to lie too, and it was one more person closer to Quil shifting.

The pair had finally reached Billy Black's house, to which they were greeted by Maia and Takoda, who had clothes for the two.

The wolves gently took the clothes between their teeth before trotting behind separate large oak trees.

Rue dropped the clothes from her mouth before shifting back. She quickly put them on before making her way to her parents who Embry already stood with.