eleven

┍                                      ┑
—chapter eleven—
┖                                      ┙

❀•°❀°•❀

❀•°❀°•❀

❀•°❀°•❀

IT HAD BEEN A WEEK since Rue had imprinted on Quil, and the anxious girl had sworn Malia to secrecy. Instructing her not to tell anyone about what she saw through the mind link. Luckily, Paul had already phased back so it was just Malia that knew.

Rue had decided to occupy her mind by spending all her time with Jacob now that he had shifted. Her and Embry took it upon themselves to show him the ropes, despite the boy's own feelings.

He wasn't very happy after finding out he wasn't allowed to see Bella, and he was really upset to find out the girl spent her time running around with vampires. The constant calls from the pale-faced girl had really started to get on Rue's nerves since every time the phone rang, her amplified hearing picked up the shrill tone on an uncomfortable level.

Rue was very happy when Sam had called all of the pack to his house upon picking up a sickly sweet scent during a morning patrol.

Though she wasn't very happy when they had to stand in the pouring rain at the edge of the woods while waiting for Jacob to meet them.

"Oh you've gotta be kidding me." Malia muttered.

"What?" Sam questioned.

"That's Bella Swan's truck."

Rue winced at the shriek of the truck coming to a halt. "Of course it is."

They watched as Jacob turned away before Bella grabbed his arm, making him stop.

"What are they saying?" Sam asked, turning to Rue.

The girl focused intently on them, singling out the voices.

Jacob clenched his jaw, "Sam's trying to help me, don't blame him. But if you want somebody to blame, how about those filthy bloodsuckers you love."

"The Cullens."

Bella looked at him, taken aback. "II don't know what you're talking about—"