|11| Green-Skinned Monster

To the side is Noah(aka Brenton Thwaites), but his hair is darker... ENJOY!

"Is there a girl named Danielle on your softball team?"

Cass' blonde head raises from it's downward position as she was braiding Liv's hair. Genuinely, she looks confused at me sudden interest in her softball team. We hardly ever talk about Cass' sports life considering that Liv and I can never keep track of it.

I continue, "Tallish, blonde, wide shoulders?"

Nodding, she puts down the ratchet looking braid attached to Liv's hair now and cocks her head at me. "Yeah, Danielle Palmer. She's really quiet, but one of the best hitters."

I try to take this information nonchalantly by simply looking through the basket of nail polishes like I have no other care about what she said. Cass is smart, though. She'll figure out sooner or later that I'm hiding something. Something that if I tell her now, she'll be suspicious of me likeing the same guy she does. And that's definitely not what being a best friend means.

"Is there a reason why out of no where you want to know more about some girl?" Liv rapidly undoes her braid and runs her fingers through her hair to undo the knots.

This would be the perfect time to tell Cass. Her first ever interest in a guy, who happens to also be a guy I'm developing feeling for, has a girlfriend. Why can't I just say it It's like the words won't leave my mouth. Maybe it's because I haven't accepted the fact that even if Noah wasn't unavailable, he would without doubt, pick Cass instead of me. 

I'm a green-skinned monster. Also known as envy.

"Oh not really," I say, picking up deep green polish and thinking about the irony. "Thinking about who to pick for a lab partner."

Liv gives up, even though I know that she can tell that something's not right. Cass stares at me for another two moments, before shrugging it off. She knows that whatever is wrong, I'll tell her when I'm ready. But, I'm afraid that with this one, I'll never be ready.

On Liv's huge flatscreen TV that's plastered on the wall opposite from her bed, is playing White Chicks. Liv picked it out for us, but no one seems to be watching. Honestly, i'm a little bit distracted by how luxurious her huge house it. Her bedroom has about the same amount of space my entire house has. Besides, the guys dressed up as the white girls in the movie have no resemblance to the real girls, so you must be really blind to not notice.

It's been forever since we've hung out like this. All of us have been so entirely busy that the only person we saw often was Rowan, who can really annoy the crap out of anyone. Noah and I are beginning the assignment for the photography contest tomorrow and Liv impulsively decided that tonight was the night we caught up.

Mid afternoon tomorrow, I'm supposed to meet Noah in the park for a photo shoot with Liv, Cass, and Rowan. For our first assignment, we have to represent the 7 deadly sins in one photograph. I still have no idea how we're going to do this. All I do know for sure is that Cass and Liv think that this was all apart of my plan to get Cass and Noah together and how good of a friend I am.

"Caught any new guys lately, Liv?" I point the attention to the brunette and away from myself.

"Oh my god, Jules! You make me sound like a slut!" Liv hits my arm playfully, but is blushing very deeply. Liv never blushes like that, ever.

Slut is not a word I'd use for Liv. Even though she's not a virgin anymore, she is definitely not out for sex. It's even hard to imagine cutesy Liv being with a different guy every night. She has very good judgement over guys because she's dated a lot of them, but she could never be a slut.