|5| Dramatizing To Say The Least

"So which one do you like better; 'Girls are wild about Mr. Wilde!' versus 'Chicks are totally wild bout' Noah Wilde!'"

I roll my eyes, pressing the phone between my ear and my shoulder and chewing on the end of my pen. "Neither. The first one sounds like you're talking about your dad and the second one isn't catchy enough. You need to step up your game bro."

"So demanding," he surrenders.

Not only can't I focus on our conversation, I can't help my mind from wandering to Rosie. She came home right before dinner and lied to mom, telling her that she joined art club and gave me the death stare. She didn't talk to me during dinner besides to ask me to pass the mash potatoes. This is completely bogus, by the way. I think I reserve the right to not talk to her instead of the other way around. She can't seem to be capable to look at me for more than a second. Noah called me right after, which surprised me because of our minor blow up a few hours ago.

"Rosie's got me pretty flustered so..." I lean onto my cold desk and smile.

"You should tell your mom." He sighs with annoyance. "But, of course you have the case of a blackmailing freshman of a sister who thinks she's so cool because she has a senior boyfriend probably smokes pot and cheats on her every night. I'm not a girl, but honestly, I would become gay for a guy like that!"

That earned a laugh from me. I can't believe this basically a stranger, Noah Wilde is cheering me up, of all people! Like, seriously?

"I really needed that, Wilde." I put my phone on loudspeaker and begin pacing around my room.

He coughs from the receiver end and says, "You don't have to thank me, but I signed you up to be Photographer #2 for the school paper, The Felicity Fox News!"

Noah's making a huge deal out of a stack of papers. Don't get me wrong, I like to read, just not the junk on the papers at school. They often use subtle remarks about people on the paper and the teachers don't even notice or notice and don't care. It's stupid and boring and awful. Last year, they even managed to get away with something as blunt as 'The List of Beauty'. If the title doesn't explain it, it was basically a ranking of the so-called prettiest girl to the ugliest girl at Felicity Hills. I wasn't dead last, but I definitely was no where near first. The girl who was last transferred schools and apparently went to get plastic surgery.

"Ew, why the fuck?" I gag.

"Ah, my dear you have so much to learn. We will make the images so different this year, we will be known at Felicity Hills High School for the rest of our lives. Don't thank me yet."

I begin smirking. "Oh honey, I wasn't about to."

"CAN YOU CALL LIV OR CASS OR WHOEVER SOMEWHERE ELSE, YOU ARE BEING SO FUCKING LOUD THE CAVEMEN COULD HEAR YOU!" Rosie bursts into my room expectantly, nearly making my heart jump out of my chest.

We have small rooms and thin walls, so I could hear every one of Rosie's phone conversations if I chose to and at this moment, I wish I did. Maybe then I would've found out about the Kolton problem earlier on.

Dropping the phone on my desk and realizing what exactly my bitchy little sister is asking me to do, I leap up in outrage. "YOU WANT ME TO SHUT UP SO YOU CAN CHIT CHAT WITH THAT BOYFRIEND OF YOURS? OF COURSE, ROSIE!!! ANYTHING FOR MY INNOCENT BABY SIS!"

Rosie shuts the door and walks towards me. I'm too mad to get a weapon. She flips her blonde hair over her shoulder and says, "Why the hell are you being like mom, but worse?"

"Do you know how fuckin' awful Kolton is? Last year, he had sex with all of the freshman girls and he's gonna want to keep his title. Kolton is gonna use you and then throw you out the window before you can blink, like all boys do. I will have to be the shoulder you fuckin' cry on. I'm not being like mom, I'm being like Julie."