118

Jisoo is fixing her things in front of her vanity table. She doesn't have any personal assistant with her so usually, she just does it all by herself. She was silently arranging the gifts given to her until Seulgi went near her and tapped her shoulder. Jisoo looked at her and smiled.

"Hey, you have your boyfriend here," Seulgi said, giggling.

Jisoo's brows furrowed in confusion, "What? Boyfriend? I... I don't have one."

Not anymore, she thought.

Seulgi was shocked and her mouth gaped open then she gestured to the door of their dressing room, "Oh, then who's the CEO searching for you there?"

Her heart skipped beating and her knees wobbled just by the thought of it. It couldn't be who she is thinking right? They are totally not on good terms so even if she invited him before... He wouldn't go... right?

"CEO? Wh-who?" she stuttered in her sentence as anticipation took over her. She was trying her best to calm herself because she didn't wanna expect anything. But Jisoo couldn't help but think.

Is he here?

Seulgi answered innocently, "Not sure. I think he is a CEO because I saw him in the magazine. He's asking for you," she turned to look at the door's direction again, "I think he is waiting outside."

"Really?" Jisoo bit the insides of her cheeks because she almost squealed.

For an ex-girlfriend, she seems too excited.

She shook her head and then smiled at Seulgi, "Uh, I'd see. Thanks for telling me."

"Yeah sure," Seulgi laughed and then left to fix her things too.

Jisoo started to hastily put everything in her bag with her trembling hands. She didn't care if it was messy anymore. Then, she fussed to look at her reflection and retouched her make up quickly before she went outside.

She looked around the hallway but it was empty so she just asked a staff member nearby, "Seulgi said someone is looking for me. Where is he?" she kindly asked.

"Oh, wait ma'am, we didn't let him backstage because we thought you didn't know him," the staff smiled at her.

"We'll let him in now," she added and went to the main door of the backstage to let the man in.

Jisoo stood there nervous, she was a little worried and excited at the same time. She heaved a deep sigh as her eyes never left the direction of the entrance. Then, footsteps were heard across the room as a tall man in black suit entered.

It was...

Namjoon.

Namjoon Kim and...

He's holding a bouquet of— flowers?

Jisoo was taken aback that she remained frozen in her spot.

What's happening?

Namjoon smiled at her as he walked near her. 

Her face frowned for a split second but she tried to force a smile for him since she didn't wanna be rude

Her face frowned for a split second but she tried to force a smile for him since she didn't wanna be rude. Although it turned out to be a little awkward until he stopped in front of her.

"Here, for you," Namjoon handed him the bouquet.

"Namjoon... What— what does this mean?" she just stared at the bouquet he was offering, contemplating whether to take it or not.

Namjoon smirked and tilted his head to one side as he looked at her, "What do you think?" he asked playfully.

"I—I..." Jisoo couldn't find any words. She's not yet absorbing the whole scene.

"Disappointed?" he chuckled lightly.

"Huh?" Jisoo looked at his face and creased her forehead. She was confused a lot more this time.

Is he playing her?

Namjoon's smile grew bigger and he shrugged, "You know, because I'm the one giving this to you?" he shook the bouquet mockingly before adding,

"It's from him though."

Jisoo stared at him with eyes widening. This time, her heart was thumping again. She wanted to ask and confirm it from him but she couldn't speak. Namjoon noticed it too so he answered even without a question.

"Taehyung," he mentioned his name.

Jisoo looked away and gulped, "He sent me to give this to you and that's why I'm at the show earlier. He gave me the invite you gave him and forced me here."

"Oh, I thought it was a coincidence," she whispered as she remembered seeing him in the crowd during the catwalk earlier.

"Coincidences are not real, everything is meant to happen," Namjoon answered and pushed the bouquet to her.

"Sometimes it's forced to happen," he snickered.

Jisoo took it and just looked at him, "Well, now that I gave it to you, my task here is over," he added before lightly tapping her shoulder to indicate he is leaving.

He turned his back from her and she just watched him take steps away. After some seconds, she looked down at the flowers in her hand and stared at it. She didn't notice she was spacing out until Namjoon faced her direction again and called her attention.

"Ah, Jisoo?"

"Yes?" she lifted her gaze and looked at him.

"Just in case you wanna know, he's in the parking lot. I don't think he's going home anytime soon. Maybe... He's waiting for someone?" he smiled at her and finally left.