𝟏𝟖𝟎𝟎'𝐬 (𝟐)

Pairings: Wilbur Soot x Reader
Warnings: None
Pronouns: She/her

——————————

Well.

Time travelling certainly wasn't what Wilbur expected.

But apart from the stomach-churning spins and the ear-piercing sheiks that he felt vividly in his head, he had basically gotten the premise of it bang-on.

And surprisingly enough, it worked. The book worked. I mean- Not that he ever doubted it. It's just that... It felt so surreal to him. He isn't where he's meant to be. And he was unsure whether it was the right call. But despite all of that, he still did it. And regardless of what the voices in his head would say, he would continue. If he didn't, it'd make his journey meaningless.

"Oh, but Wilbur, what would dad say?" He thought to himself.

"Oh, dad would just slap us on the wrist and tell us not to do it again." He rolled his eyes at himself as he rose from the place that he had fallen into.

"Tommy's gonna be sad when he realises that you've disappeared." His high-pitch mimicked the sounds echoing in his brain. Wilbur rubbed one of his eyes and stretched his arms above his head, trying to relieve himself of the horrors of time travel.

"Tommy won't care." He mumbled back, smiling shortly as a sign of reassurance.

"But he's your brother, Wilbur. What if you don't come back?"

"'BuT hE's yOUr bRoTHeR, wILbUr'- Shut the fuck up." He voiced sternly. "You're so stupid. You act like I'm a dumbass that doesn't know how to do time travel."

"But you haven't done time travel before. You just got lucky."

"That's great. Give me that luck when meeting (Y/n)." He nodded, scrunching his nose as a taunt to himself before shutting the voice in his head out completely.

Once Wilbur had completed stretching he knelt back down to pick up the book. He inspected it closely before clutching it in his arms safely, the cover facing towards his stomach so no passers could see what he was holding.

But the place was empty, no passers could see what he was holding even if he were to swing it above his head.

Great. That made it a lot easier.

His eyes shot towards the nearest chest, which he dove for. He quickly pulled open the top lid to scurry through the chest's contents to find a leather backpack. He heaved a heavy sigh of relief as he forced the spellbook through the opening of the backpack before pulling on the drawstrings to shut it, lifting the leather flap over it. He shut the chest once he was done and slung the bag over his left shoulder to look around, rising to his feet.

However, as his eyes were met with the stunning view of the area, he felt a wave of nostalgia wash over his body like a heavy ocean tide.

"Wait..." He muttered lowly, his head darting up to inspect the area more thoroughly. "Wait, I recognise this place."

He took a few steps forward so that he could take a glance at the view from behind him. And just as he suspected, a window. A window leading out to a lake that surrounded the building that he was inside. And hovered over the lake was a perfectly stable, wooden bridge. The bridge and the building looked incredibly polished, as if it had just been built.

Wilbur knew where he was. It was impossible not to recognise the place.

He was in the Greater Dream SMP's community house.