Little Black Dress

Maxine's eyes opened wide as she stared at the sparkling lights hanging from the trees and decorating the front of the mansion. Couples and groups of people were flocking to the open double doors in their tuxedos and fancy shiny dresses.

"It's beautiful..." She mumbled more to herself than to anyone else.

"Yeah. Whatever! See that chic in black?"

Maxine turned to look at Nick with a raised brow. "Almost all the women are in black."

"Fine, do you see the one with a red thing around her waist?"

She shook her head. "That's the bride and she's going to lend you one of her dresses. You don't want to be in the party looking like that."

Maxine looked down at herself and groaned. "What's wrong with how I look?"

"Not much. You just look like a librarian with your hair up like that and your little sweater." He snickered as he watched her grab at the sweater. "I'm just saying...there is going to be a lot of people there and even your dad. They will all be dressed up too."

"It sounds weird when you say that. Are you sure he's not going to be mad at me for coming?"

"He was more worried about having to explain himself tonight. Now, he doesn't have to, because you are my date."

The limo came to a halt and the door swung open. Nick stepped out and Maxine took a few deep breaths before scooting towards the door and taking the hand that was thrusted into the car.

She was surprised it wasn't Nick, but the valet guy. Nick was already at the door talking to a few women.

"Hi. You must be, Max, Nick's date?"

"I am. You must be the bride. I'm so sorry to keep you from your guests." Maxine spoke and tried to keep up with the woman that was already double stepping up the stairs.

"No worries. I have everything laid out for you. Its black...can't go wrong with that. What size of shoes do you wear?"

"I'm a seven."

"Perfect. You can handle heels, right?"

Maxine could handle heels as well as Nick could handle his liquor. She bit on the corner of her lip and lied. "Of course!"

"Great! Oh shit...I'm so rude. I'm Rochelle. It's nice to meet you, Max. I'm so sorry to just leave you here, but I must go back down with my guest. If you need anything you can just find me."

Maxine just nodded and entered the room. "Yes. No worries." With that said Rochelle left the room and closed the door. She stared at the small black dress that was laid out on the bed and the tall heels that were on the floor.

"Crap, the things you get yourself into, Maxine." She mumbled to herself as she lifted her shirt over her head and threw it onto the plush couch next to the bed. She kicked off her flats and pulled down her pants.

Just as she reached for the dress the door flew open. Maxine let out a screech and covered herself as much as she could with her hands. Nick entered and slammed the door; he looked her over and smirked.

"What are you doing in here? I'm changing!!!"

"Oh please. Nothing I haven't seen before. I gotta take a leak." He walked to the bathroom like nothing and didn't even bother to close the door. Maxine reached over as fast as she could and threw on the dress. Her head popped up as she heard Nick's stream splashing into the toilet; the door wide open.

"Seriously, you can't close the door?" The water ran for a few seconds and Nick stood at the door tucking in his shirt.

"What? It's not like I showed you anything." He finished buckling his belt.