Never Smile Again

The next morning Maxine woke up to Turbo licking her face. Her eyes went wide as she felt his soppiness all over her cheek. "Turbo, bad dog." He gave her one last good lick and she giggled.

Her head was throbbing and she felt groggy as she made way into her room. She groaned looking at the clock that barely read four in the morning. Nick wouldn't be up for another hour or so. She pulled her hair up into a ponytail, washed her face and changed into her workout clothes.

"We will run now...come on boy" She spoke to the dog and they both waked out of the house and started jogging as soon as they hit the sand. The morning was frosty as the ocean mist hit her face. The cool breeze made her shiver a bit, but she knew that once she hit the bathrooms by the hotel her body would be warm from the run.

This morning she found herself fighting an internal battle with herself about going to see her mother or not. It made her feel guilty to even be debating such a thing. Her mother had always been there for her. She was her support and the person that she looked up to. Her mother was supposed to come first whether she was dead or alive. Her mother was still somehow breathing and there was a bit of hope that she could come out of her coma.

She felt her calves' burn as her heels hit the sand and she sped up her pace along the beach. Turbo didn't miss a beat and was right by her side. After a few minutes she came to a stop trying to catch her breath by the restrooms. She pulled out the dog's leash and snapped it on him. He snarled and let out a bark and Maxine turned around to find out what was aggravating him. When she turned around she bumped into Derek.

"Crap! You scared me." Maxine yelped taking a few steps back. It surprised her to hear Turbo growling.

Derek glared at the dog and then smiled at her. "Sorry. I was just on my way to the hotel. I saw you and thought I'd say hi."

"Oh. I guess...you will be there later...tonight then?" Her breathing was going back to normal.

"Definitely we are closing together."

"Cool. So I will see you around six. I gotta go...Nick is waiting for me. We start our actual training today. Bye." She gave him a quick wave and started to run back towards the house.

          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Damn, I haven't seen you in a while. Come in bro."

Nick opened the door wider and in entered a well built bald guy that was covered in tattoos. He was sporting a tight 'Fight Me' shirt and a pair of black windbreakers. He smacked Nick on the back playfully and headed out to the deck.

"No shit, Carter. What have you been keeping yourself busy with that you don't have time to come and get fucked up with us anymore?" The big guy started to punch the rubber man.

Nick shrugged. "Got a girl living here with me. She's got me training her and she's one of my close friend's daughter."

"Is she hot like Bonnie and Amanda? Hey where are those two cock suckers. I'm surprised their not here sucking you off now."

"Shut the fuck up!" Nick grinned knowing his friend had a point. The women had been kicked out by the power of...none other than Max.

"What, it's true. You have the power to get any bitch you want...don't be ashamed. It comes with the territory. Although, you're looking a little scrawny." He punched Nick in the side.

The twosome turned to look when they heard the gate slam shut. Maxine was removing her earphones and relieving Turbo of the leash. When she looked up her eyes went wide and she smiled big.