Coward

AJ raised a brow and Howie sighed heavily. There was no way he wanted to give up his secret in front of AJ. He was a newlywed now and he didn't want to end up being their pillow talk for the honeymoon. Then again, with Nick being the fuck up that he was lately, there was a high chance that it wouldn't stay a secret for too long. His blood was boiling as he turned to look at the surprised look on Nick's face.

"What the fuck are you doing to my daughter?" Howie blurted forgetting about the pep talk he had just given himself.

"Daughter?" AJ turned to look at Howie.

"It's a really long story and I need you to keep this between us. I mean it AJ."

AJ nodded his head, confusion all over his face. "Sure..."

Nick was massaging the back of his neck, trying to think of something to say to get out of the mess he was in.

"First of all, we weren't doing anything. I was helping moron over here, from falling off the balcony." Maxine finally piped.

"Maybe the asshole really wanted to jump!" AJ snapped.

"Maybe he did, but it won't be while he's around me. Second of all...daddy dearest, who didn't even give me a second glance at the table with his wife and friends. You have no right to get in my business. What if I was trying to get...ya know...with..."

"Whoa! That's not what happened!" Nick laughed nervously.

"I think you should have jumped. No one would miss you." AJ snapped and Nick looked up to glare at him. "What? It's true, you pushed your money grubbing girlfriend away, you fucked up my proposal, and now you're making the moves on Howie's daughter! You are just a huge fuck up! Jumping is the solution." AJ spat angrily.

Howie elbowed him, "Stop it!"

"Fuck you!" Nick growled and before anyone could do anything, Nick lunged at AJ and they both knocked into a table and rolled around the ground.

Maxine and Howie were both going around in circles trying to figure out a way to get Nick off of AJ.

"Oh my God! Do something he's going to kill him!" Maxine shouted to Howie.

"I don't know what to do. I'm not about to get in the middle of that." Howie responded

Maxine's mouth opened in protest and instead she shook her head. "No wonder my mother never told you I existed. You would have still been a coward." She bent down to grab hold of Nick's arm and tried to pull him off AJ, but it was in vain.

"NICK CARTER! Get off my husband!"

Everyone froze at the sound of Rochelle's freaked out voice. She stood there with anger and fear in her eyes. Nick's arm was pulled back, his hand balled up in a fist ready to strike at AJ.

Rochelle rushed to AJ's aide and pushed Nick off of her husband. "Get out of here and don't come back until you can act like the Nick Carter we all know. GO!"

Nick stood up and stormed off without a word. Maxine stood feeling all eyes on her. She could see Leigh staring straight at her as she approached her husband and took his hand in hers.

She waited for Howie to say something. She didn't expect him to spill the beans at that exact moment, but to introduce her as a person or to defend his supposed close friend. Instead he stood there just staring like everyone else. She shook her head and rushed after Nick.

It was a bit of a surprise to see the limo still parked in the front of the mansion. Knowing Nick he would have driven off without her. Instead he was sitting silently staring ahead, with his fist still balled up. She could see the anger on his face, his jaw clenching once in a while.