t w e n t y - o n e

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"god, i'm so sorry, you can leave if you want-"

"no. it's fine. i'll stay for a while."

"you don't have to force yourself to-"

"it's okay."

"uhm, but you don't look okay..."

"really?" he turned to you, "huh..."

"giyuu please, you look like you're dying-"

"probably because of how tight this scarf is. i'm actually having difficulty breathing right now," the pillar said nonchalantly.

"ah..." you gave a guilty look at the pillar seated in front of you.

you had sent him a letter early in the morning, asking if he wanted to come over. you didn't get a reply, so you assumed he was busy. but after some time, you heard a knock on your door, and on the other side was giyuu.

the three of you had breakfast together and talked for a while. giyuu hasn't even been here for two hours and he was already suffering from ayumu's actions.

your little brother had went on a shopping spree with you yesterday, he had bought many clothes and unnecessary things, much to your dismay. and now, he was making giyuu try on some of the winter clothes he had purchased.

a black scarf was carelessly wrapped around his neck, since it belonged to ayumu, it was undeniably small. and due to ayumu's lack of experience with tying a scarf around one's neck. he had unintentionally wrapped it a little- no, too tightly around giyuu's neck.

surprisingly, the pillar didn't say anything despite how uncomfortable it was. whenever ayumu asked if it was okay, he simply nodded. but when the younger boy ran back into his room to fish out new clothes, giyuu's expression would drop. a scowl would appear on his face as he side eyed you, silently asking for your help to stop your brother.

"do you like the colour blue, mio-chan?" a cheerful voice asked.

at this point, giyuu had gotten used to the silly nick name ayumu had given him.

"uhm, sure, why?"

"ta-da!" ayumu jumped up, presenting a blue haori he had bought. its design was simple and plane, it was dark blue at the top and slowly fades into a lighter blue as it reaches the bottom.

"oh," giyuu muttered when he saw how small it was.

"i bet it would look good on you!" the boy exclaimed. "here, try-"

"ah, you know what, i actually dislike blue," giyuu quickly stated, taking the scarf off with a sigh.

"eh? but why?" ayumu questioned, placing the haori on the floor.

"i think it's ugly."

"but your eyes are blue," you added with a shrug.

the black haired male looked up at you with narrowed eyes, "you. shut-" giving ayumu a quick glance, he corrected his sentence, "keep quiet."

"oh! are you mad?" you questioned, giving him an innocent smile.

"[y/n]..."

"just kidding!" you exclaimed, waving your hands at him.

giyuu shook his head at your words, standing up, he followed ayumu into his room to help him keep the clothes he had taken out.

while the two boys were clearing the room together, a crow had flown through your window, landing in front of you.

"oh?" you tilted your head. "letter for tomioka giyuu!!" it chirped, dropping the letter off, it flew back out the window.

out of curiosity, you opened the letter and read it.

aww, and i was really looking forward to it! that's too bad, i guess. not to mention, tomioka-san, you haven't been talking to us lately. you kept on rejecting everyone's letter. what a shame, this is why no one likes you <3