f i f t y - f i v e

4.5k words 😱 have fun 😻🙏

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

8:02 a.m.

you squinted at the clock, taking note of the time before shutting your eyes again. giyuu's face was buried in the crook of your neck while you mindlessly ran your fingers through his soft hair. you were too comfortable to get out of bed, but you also didn't want to waste your time lazing around. so with a sigh, you reluctantly pulled your hand away and made an attempt to get out of bed.

you sat up for a good two seconds before a strong pair of arms wrapped itself around your waist, puling you into a warm chest. you shifted your gaze up to study his face, his eyes were shut, lips slightly parted while his chest rose and fell with the rhythmic beating of his heart.

"stay with me." his voice was a little muffled as he spoke against the skin of your neck, and you could tell how much of a toll the pillar training has taken on him over the past few days.

as much as you wanted to get up and spend the day with giyuu, you felt bad for him, seeing how exhausted he is now. closing your eyes, you allowed the both of you to get a few more hours of sleep.

10:26 a.m.

you woke up for the second time that morning, but unlike before, you were wide awake now. after spending a few minutes trying to slip out of bed without waking giyuu up, you finally succeeded. without wasting anymore time, you took a quick shower and got dressed. you looked through your closet for a while before picking the kimono giyuu bought for you. the one that cost six hundred thousand yen.

"so pretty," you stared at your reflection in the mirror, admiring the kimono. you did a few spins and poses for fun before forcing yourself to leave the bathroom.

"giyuu!" you swung the door open and allowed yourself into the room. "wake u-"

giyuu was already awake and standing in the middle of the room. his hair was a mess, partly your fault, and the only piece of clothing he had on was a pair of pants that was dangerously low. you couldn't help but let your eyes wonder from the nonchalant expression on his face to his abs, and further down.

"[y/n]?"

pushing the inappropriate thoughts out of your mind, you quickly averted your gaze back up. "yes?" you silently cursed when you felt your face heating up.

"something wrong?" he tilted his head to the side, studying your expression with a knowing smile on his face.

he's doing this on purpose...

you opened your mouth, ready to give a snarky response, but the words got stuck in your throat, and you found yourself stuttering.

"forget it... just hurry up and go get ready or something."

"or something?"

"i mean, go get dressed! we're going out today, remember?"

"how about we just stay at home and-"

you left the room and slammed the door shut, not giving him a chance to finish his sentence.

12:03 p.m.

when giyuu was finally done, the two of you left and had lunch together at a nearby food stall. as you were leaving the place, a familiar girl caught your eyes. not so far away, shinobu was queuing up for a snack with a younger girl. if you remembered correctly, her name was kanao. you smiled and raised your hand, waving hello to them.

the younger girl did not react to your actions, shinobu, however, waved back. you noticed her looking between you and giyuu, her smile widening. "have fun," she mouthed to you, giggling and turning away to talk to the younger girl next to her.