t h i r t y

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"how did you get in here?" you asked with a concerned look on your face.

"ayumu opened the door for me."

"uhm, why are you here?"

"because-"

"i'm gonna die from blood lost," your brother interrupted.

"no you're not," you replied.

"i feel so sick," your brother placed the back of his hand against his forehead.

"that's cause you hadn't taken your medications yet."

"... that's not true," he muttered under his breath.

"you've been in your room the whole day though-"

"mio-san saw me eating it, right?" the younger boy turned to the black haired male.

"uh, yeah."

"... did he really..?-"

"i did..!" your brother yawned rubbing his eyes. "m' tired..."

"go get some sleep then, it's already past midnight anyway," you stated.

"... kay..." without saying much, he made his way into his room, shutting the door behind him.

"he has been really tired lately," he sighed.

"don't worry, it's probably the medication he just took," giyuu explained.

"how did you get him to take it? he has been ignoring me the whole day, really sucks," you shook your head.

"i didn't do much, but he did complain about how you betrayed him, or something like that..."

"if he knew you wanted him to take that blood test too..."

"i'm leaving," giyuu simply stated, making his way out.

"wait wait wait, i was joking," you grabbed onto him wrist, lightly pulling him back. "not really," you muttered.

"what?"

"uhm, nothing. anyway, i need to tell you something."

"it's about ayumu," you said in a softer voice.

"what about him?"

"uhm, well," you let out a tired sigh, not wanting to remember what the doctor had said. "when the doctor was done examinating ayumu's blood he uhm, found out that ayumu was sick- like he had a disease," you sighed.

not saying anything, giyuu patiently waited for you to continue, even though he had a slight idea of what you were about to say, a part of him was hoping he was wrong.

"ayumu has leukemia," you finally said, furrowing your eyebrows.

"leukemia..?"

"it's the disease our mother died from."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

short chapter. i have a slight fever rn and feel like absolute shit. also exams just started for me so i won't be able to update until next week🧍‍♀️