f o r t y - s e v e n

2236 words 😮‍💨

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

it was cold and you were having difficulty going back to sleep. the only thing keeping you warm was the thin layer of blanket and giyuus' arm that was loosely wrapped around your waist. you tried moving closer to him for more warmth, but your back was already pressed against his chest, you couldn't move any further.

you decided to switch your sleeping position as your arm was starting to get sore. you kept your eyes closed and turned to the other side, hiding your face in his chest. you assumed giyuu was asleep, so you tried to minimise your movements to avoid waking him up. but it was too cold and you couldn't stop your body from shivering.

"are you cold?"

"yeah..." you mumbled, holding your own hands in an attempt to keep them warm. you opened your eyes to see what giyuu was doing when his arm left your waist. you watch as he pulled his part of the blanket off, giving it to you instead. "...won't you be cold?" you asked, feeling a little bad.

"no, i'm okay." once he made sure you were fully covered with the blanket, he laid down next to you. one arm around your waist while his other hand gently held the back of your head. letting out a sigh, you shut your eyes and leaned your head against his chest. falling asleep in his arms was a different kind of comfort, one you wish you could experience every day.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

1:46 p.m.

"wow, i hate waking up in the afternoon."

"why?"

"it feels like i wasted my morning sleeping when i could've been doing something."

"doing what? you're sick. you should be resting in bed. that's what you told me."

"but i'm not that sick anymore."

"thirty-eight degrees is sick."

you and giyuu were still laying in bed next to each other, blankly staring at the ceiling.

"it's almost ayumus' birthday," you remembered. "i want to do something special for him. we didn't get to celebrate his birthday last year. i was too busy taking care of my mom, i completely forgot about it."

"what should we do?"

"you're asking me?" giyuu glanced over at you. "i don't know your brother that well."

"but you've spent so much time together, you two are like best friends!" you joked.

"ouch!" you yelped, grabbing onto your side where giyuu had just elbowed. "why'd you do that? i'm being serious, he likes you a lot."

and i do too. but i'm not telling you cause you might reject me and that's embarrassing.

"what's embarrassing?" giyuu asked.

your eyes widened as you slapped a hand over your mouth. you instantly sat up, heart racing. "what? what's embarrassing?"

fuck??? did i say that out loud???

"you said 'that's embarrassing'. is ayumu liking me embarrassing?" giyuu pushed himself up, now facing you.

"no! i mean, it feels like he likes you more than me. and that's embarrassing for me cause i'm his sister yet he prefers spending more time with you..."

[y/n] you dumb fuck. that didn't make any sense.

"what..?" giyuu gave you a blank stare.