t w e n t y - t h r e e

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"i... feel so betrayed right now..." the poor man muttered out, staring at the sight in front of him.

his friend was getting along with his enemy, much to his dismay.

the three were seated together in the kitchen, you were next to giyuu while shinobu seated herself in front of the both of you.

the water pillar was giving the two of you a blank stare the whole time. everytime shinobu threw an insult at him he would avert his gaze at you to see your reaction.

you never once defended him. you simply went along with the insect pillars' joke.

"why are you even here?"

"don't you think you're being a little rude, tomioka-san?"

"no."

"pft-" you quickly slapped a hand over your mouth to contain your laughter.

"keep acting like that and you're going to stay lonely," shinobu shrugged.

"well, i like being alone."

"then what are you doing here?" she tilted her head slightly, waiting for his answer.

"her brother."

"pardon?"

"her brother wanted me to come over to play with him, so i did," giyuu simply stated, the same blank look on his face.

"you have a brother?" she turned to you.

"i do, but he's asleep right now," you explained.

"oh, how old is he?"

"he's six."

"how cute! i'd love to meet him," she smiled, resting her chin on her hand.

"you made your first friend and it was a six year old," she gave giyuu a side glance. "you're so—"

"[y/n], why did you let her in?"

"you're being awfully r—"

"[y/n]," he interrupted shinobu.

"well, i mean, i didn't know it was her, plus she was looking for you," you shrugged.

he let out a sigh at your half assed answer and shook his head.

"right, it's almost two in the morning now, i should go back to patrolling," he stood up from his seat, "you—" he started before cutting himself off. "hm, nevermind."

"what?" you asked, turning to him.

"nothing, forget it," he waved you off and made his way towards the door.

you and shinobu followed after him.

"then i'll get going too! bye bye [y/n]-san, it was a pleasure meeting you," she smiled, waving you goodbye.

"no, you can stay he—" giyuu frowned at her as he opened the door.

"no. i think i'll go with you," she kindly smiled at him.

you could tell by his expression that he was clearly annoyed by her presence and wanted her gone.

without another word, she walked out of your house, leaving you and giyuu behind while she waited outside.

you heard giyuu mumbling something under his breath before he said goodbye to you, "bye [y/n], i'll see you tomo- uhm soon," not waiting for your reply he walked out the door, shutting it behind him.

"oh, okay then."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

[ extra ]

after giyuu said he needed to go back to patrolling, he wanted to say "you should go to bed as well," as he was a little concerned at how tired you looked and wanted you to have a good rest. but he didn't say it because shinobu was there and he knew she was going to tease him about it.

— i finally updated :'D sorry for the short chapter!