f o r t y

no more giyuu gif from this chapter onwards cause wattpad lags everytime i try to add it 🤬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"there is absolutely no way he was the one who suggested it..."

"oh but he did. trust me, it surprised me too," you spoke in a soft voice, hiding your smile behind a hand.

"so he is capable of making friends..!" the insect pillar exclaimed with wide eyes as she placed her chopsticks aside. "but it must be awkward living with him right? i mean, does he even talk? or do you two just sit together in silence..?" shinobu frowned, leaning forward as she waited for your reply.

"it isn't bad at all to be honest, we do talk whenever we eat together, it's pretty peaceful there," you shrugged, taking a bite of your ebi tempura. "he's out most of the time anyway, so it's usually just me and ayumu."

"do you sleep in the same room a-"

"no!" you interrupted her, heat rising to your face as shinobu laughed at your reaction.

"i'm just kidding! i kn-"

suddenly the door to the room you and shinobu were having lunch in slammed open.

"get out of the way you maggot!"

"i am not a maggot! you rat!"

"huh?! you think i won't fight you just cause you're a kid??" the boar yelled, "i'll beat you up!"

"kill yourself!"

"ayumu?!" you gasped at what your brother had just said.

"i want more teriyaki salmon! is there anymore?" ayumu ignored you and ran straight to the table, desperately searching for leftovers. "who the fuck said you were gonna have the extras??" inosuke grabbed onto the back of ayumu's shirt, yanking him away from the table.

"ah!" the six year old boy let out a small yelp as he got thrown back by the boar boy. just as he was about to crash into the wall behind him, someone caught him.

"inosuke!"

"tanjori-san!" ayumu cried, clinging onto said boy.

"i-it's tanjiro," looking up from the boy in his arms, he gave inosuke a glare. "how many times must i tell you to stop fighting with him!"

"he started it," inosuke deadpanned, "and it's first come first serve! and i got to it first, so it's mine!" he cheered.

"no! i came in here first! it's suppose to be mine!" ayumu argued, escaping from tanjiro and running towards inosuke, who was holding onto a plate with the last piece of teriyaki salmon.

"give it! you cheater!" ayumu started jumping as he tried to reach for the plate. "get off of me you stinky brat!" inosuke used one hand to push ayumu away as the other held the plate up high.

"inosuke! stop being so immature and give him the salmon!" tanjiro ran over to help ayumu but just as he was about to take the plate away from inosuke, they realised that it was no longer in his hands.

"w-what, where did it-"

"ah!"

"here you go ayumu," shinobu handed the salmon to him with a soft smile. "thank you so much hino-san! you're the best!"

ayumu turned to where inosuke was standing and stuck his tongue out, "kiss my ass loser!"

"i'm gonna fucking murder you!"

"inosuke! stop swearing at him!"

over the past three days of living with giyuu, you and ayumu frequently visited the butterfly estate in the afternoon. within a day, ayumu had already became friends with the three young girls living there. you don't remember their names but they all seem to be getting along and keeping ayumu company, so you didn't mind.

you were also very grateful for shinobu as she was always looking out for ayumu and helping the two of you get comfortable.

during that time, you got to meet tanjiro, zenitsu and inosuke. it was your first time at the butterfly estate so you got lost and ended up bumping into tanjiro. he was nice and friendly, helping you find your way around the house. and then you met zenitsu who was a sweet boy but... well he had some... issues. and finally, inosuke. you made a mistake of leaving ayumu alone with that boar head, and in the span of a few minutes, he had successfully taught your younger brother four new words. much to your dismay.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"i am so sorry about him.." tanjiro apologised with a defeated sigh.

"it's okay, ayumu is at fault too," you stated. "i don't know where he learnt how to talk like that."

"ah. well about that..."

( genya and inosuke were arguing this morning and ayumu heard it all. )

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

the sound of gushing water flowing from the tap filled the silence in the bathroom. it was probably around five in the morning, you had woken up to use the restroom but now you can't seem to go back to bed.

you let out a sigh and splashed a handful of water against your face in an attempt to wash off the sleepiness. with a soft squeak from the tap, the stream of water slowly tapered off. you figured you should just make breakfast for yourself first since ayumu was still asleep. finally stepping away from the sink, you wiped your face dry with a piece of tissue paper before discarding it into the small bin.

just as you unlocked the bathroom door, someone opened it from the other side.

you jumped when the door slammed open, causing you to take a few steps back. "oh... geez it's just you..." you placed a hand against your chest as you let out a relieved sigh. it was just giyuu. giyuu but-

"where the hell is your shirt?" you quickly averted your gaze from his chest when you realised he was missing a shirt. "there was blood on it so i left it aside to wash later... and i thought you were asleep, sorry."

you could barely hear him over the sound of your racing heart. for some reason, you couldn't take your eyes off of the floor below you. "i-it's fine, uh i was just going back to bed anyway," you slapped a hand over your face, embarrassed at the way your voice was wavering. you were praying he wouldn't notice the blush on your face right now.

you quickly excused yourself, not bothering to spare him a glance, you pushed past him and sped walk back to your room.

how embarrassing! i probably looked so stupid just now! ughh... you flopped down face flat onto your bed with a groan. "i'm gonna kill myself."

back in the bathroom, the water pillar stood there in silence as he thanked the stars you avoided eye contact with him. because unbeknownst to you, he too had his face stained with a blush.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

hi how yall doing 😻