t w e n t y - s e v e n

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"you're so dumb."

"hey don't say that."

"sit down."

"no i'll—" you were cut off by a sneeze. followed by another. and another. and another. "oh," you rubbed your nose, trying to get rid of the uncomfortable feeling.

"i hate this," you complained, sitting back down on the chair. you let out a groan, resting your head on the table in front of you.

your nose was a bright red and your throat was burning. your vision was a little blurry due to the tears welling in your eyes. a blanket was drapped over your shivering frame to keep you warm.

you turned your head to the side, staring at the numbers on the thermometer.

38.8 °C // 101.84 °F

you felt so weak, even lifting a figure was now a pain.

on your walk back home from the small village, you started feeling sick. you thought you were just unwell because of the cold weather, but after taking your temperature, you realised you were indeed having a fever.

"are you sick?" ayumu asked, making his way into the kitchen where you and giyuu are at.

"yeah," you muttered. "ayumu dry your hair, it's dripping," you stated.

"oh, okay," the boy took the towel off his shoulder and quietly dried his hair with it.

"you've got one left," giyuu spoke from in front of you, referring to the one pill left in the bottle.

"i never needed it, it was mostly for—" you let out another sneeze. followed by two coughs. "my mum," you finished.

"yeah, mum was always sick!" ayumu added.

"take this for now, i'll go get more for you later," giyuu placed a cup of water in front of you and handed you the pill.

popping the pill in your mouth, you drank it down with some water. the pain you felt in your throat when you drank the cool liquid made you wince. now even drinking water was a pain.

"later? you're going out? it's almost three in the morning though," you asked.

"that doesn't matter, you should go rest for now," giyuu stated, walking over to where you were seated.