f i f t y

edit : i changed the ending because i didn't like the previous one 😔 

chapter was so bad wattpad literally logged me out, i can't open the app anymore (i'm using the website for now) help (っ˘ڡ˘ς) 

anyway, hope y'all are having a great week ( ˶ˆᗜˆ˵ )

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"i want a tiger."

"absolutely not."

"a shark."

"no."

"an elephant."

"it wouldn't even fit through the front door."

"what about a bear?"

"don't be ridiculous."

ayumu's birthday is in two days and you still didn't know what to get him. after waking up this morning, you decided to bring him out to look for a gift. it has been pretty long since you last spent time outside with your brother, so why not?

however, ayumu is insistent on getting a pet. not that you have a problem with it. his choices were just unrealistic.

"an alligator."

"maybe choose an animal that won't eat you," you suggested, shaking your head at his reply.

"like what?" he frowned.

you didn't give him an answer, letting him think for himself as you made your way down the busy street with his hand in yours. after walking around for another hour, you brought ayumu back to the butterfly estate. shinobu had told you before hand that ayumu should not be out for too long as his body is still weak and his fever could come back at any time.

you ended up buying him some art materials and books to keep him entertained. your brother's love for painting has grew and, according to shinobu, his works were always jaw dropping. "he has a creative mind" is what she had said.

as you made your way back home, you noticed a figure sitting outside the front door.

"hello," you greeted, giving tanjiro a blank stare. "what are you doing?"

"ah! [y/n]-san!" he quickly stood up, bowing towards you. "sorry, i was just trying to talk to giyuu-san about something. but then he kicked me out..."

"he kicked you out?" you asked, a little surprised. "what happened?"

"it's just... there's a pillar training thing happening. but giyuu-san refused to participate so oyakata-sama asked if i could try to convince him to join us," tanjiro explained with a tired look on his face. "it's been a few days and he just won't listen."

you spend the rest of your day with giyuu. he was being his usual self around you, that was a relief. however, every time you brought up the pillar training, he goes completely quiet and refuses to even look at you.

in the end, giyuu claimed he was tired and locked himself in his room for the rest of the night. you didn't want to annoy him any further so you left him alone. you figured you'll try again tomorrow.

6:12 p.m.

you were in the kitchen eating while tanjiro and giyuu talked in the living room. you couldn't help but listen as tanjiro tried to get giyuu to train with him.

"someone has to be the water pillar right now because the water pillar seat is vacant."

"the water pillar seat is vacant?" tanjiro's voice was laced with confusion. "isn't that you, giyuu-san?"