The dragon symbol

Like you can imagine Blake wasn't happy that I was late after school

Like you can imagine Blake wasn't happy that I was late after school. He "had to wait 10 minutes for me" which was apparently so dramatic for him, because he had other things to do. I didn't mention to him that I talked to a boy nor that I 'fainted' because I knew the consequences that would have on an already pissed Blake. Instead I kept my mouth shut. That's what I do best anyway.

Once at home, Blake disappears in Damon's office and I head to the kitchen to grab a glass of water. To my surprise, Leo is in the kitchen preparing food for tonight, which smells heavenly good.

"Hi !" I joyfully greet him, after not seeing him for three days.

"Hey Mags. How was your day at school ?" Leo looks at me as soon as I arrive in the kitchen and gestures for me to sit down.

"It was fine" I lie and change subject as quickly as possible to avoid lying to him even more. "How was your business trip ? Did everything go as planned ?" To answer me he just nods his head while cutting up tomatoes, but the bags under his eyes say otherwise.

"Can I help with something ?" I smile at him and manage to make him smile back at me.

"Sure. You can make a salad as a side dish and put some music on. It's too quiet for my poor ears here." He jokes, before tiredly continuing his task in silence. For the next hour we don't really talk, except for the usual small talk which wasn't really interesting. I could sense that something was heavy on his mind, but I know better than to force him to talk to me.

" I can finish up while you rest for a bit Leo. You look tired." I propose to Leo and I see him stare at me for a second, as if he was appalled that I noticed that. Instead of accepting, he denies my proposal and continues his tasks peacefully.

"Get ready for our guest Magnolia, it won't be long before he shows up." Damon's voice breaks the comfortable atmosphere that was created between Leo and I in the kitchen. His presence always gives out power which I unintentionely relate to my foster dad. I obey and walk passed him, head low, before I stop dead in my tracks to look in his eyes.

"What do you want me to wear ?" I gather the strength I have to not make my voice tremble as I look in his tired eyes. In return he gives me a small smile, which I didn't expect and answers.

"What ever makes you feel happy, Angel." He softly responds as if a switch was turned on in his brain to imprison the Demon inside of him.

"Okay." I mumble and excuse myself towards Leo for leaving him alone to make the rest of the dinner. He gives me a smile to shrug it off and gestures me to go get ready. I want to give him a small kiss, but end up restraining myself, too unsure about this, before making my way towards my room.