Go to Hell

Small surprise in this chapter !

I can't believe it. In front of me I see a fuming Jace holding on to the collar of Blake's shirt, as if he was gonna beat him up. When they notice my presence, their heads snaps towards me, and I take in the appearance of Jace. He changed. He looks exhausted. But that's not the fucking point. What the hell is he doing alive ? He is supposed to be dead...

"Mags ?" I hear him yell, but I stumble out of the room, gasping for air, trying to understand what the hell is happening. Jace motherfucking Reed is my brother's room. In Blake's fucking room. He is alive. I grab the wall next to me, only inches away from crashing my face into it, as I try to put distance between the boy I thought dead.

I bet he didn't expect me to appear in my brothers room in the middle of the night while he chats with him, as if he wasn't meant to be dead. Why would he lie to me ? Why would he fake his death ?

"Shortcake !" Jace yells and I hear him run after me as I run down the stairs, tears trickling down my cheeks. "Wait please, let me explain." He begs and against my will, my body stops and turns around to face the boy I cried nights and days over. Jace stops dead in his tracks when he sees my face, describing pain and betrayal. I let my tears slip when I look into his emerald green eyes, the ones I prayed to see just one more time.

He stares back at me, guilt evident in his orbes, praying me to give him a chance to explain. But why should I ? I mean he left me and clearly didn't try to contact me ever again. I was just a game to him right ?

"Get the FUCK AWAY FROM ME !" I yell out, my lungs burning like fire under my heavy breathing. I see Jace clench his teeth staring right back at me, fighting to keep calm.

"Don't you dare call me that ever again." I spate at him, anger rising by the second as I think of how easily he let me drown into grief for him. "But why ? Why f-fake your d-death ?" I can't stop my voice from cracking, I have been through too much for the past night. First the race, then beating Blake, then going back to cutting myself, and now... finding out that Jace is alive. AND finding him with Blake, which means he knew he was alive this whole time and didn't say a word when I mentioned Jace after the race. An other betrayal. An other lie. I can't keep going like this.

"You don't know how difficult it was for me to do this to you shortca-Mags..." he corrects himself and tempts to continue, but I don't let him.

"Difficult for you ? FUCK YOU JACE ! I was the one thinking you were dead, erased from this planet forever ! I was ALONE when I woke up in your mansion after the accident, that's when they told me you were dead-" I spill out the words that have been making my heart ache for the past two months after his death. But I stop in my sentence, when I realise something and by the looks of it Jace seems to understand what I figured out, because his face darkens.