Shattered hearts

~Magnolia Knight~

My head is spinning. Grace can't die. Not here and not because of me. It's my fault. I shouldn't have ignored Jace messages, all of this could have been avoided.

Jace holds my hand tightly to give the comfort I need. Gun's are still fired and I flinch, because they seem to come closer to us. Jace is on the phone, yelling orders to his gang and waiting for updates on the situation. I look at Grace, her body barely looking alive at this point, the colour completely drained from her face.

When my eyes cross the path of my brother's, my heart breaks a little. His guilty expression painted on his face expressing that this situation is all his fault. But it's not.

I rip my eyes away when gun shots are fired one after the other, not leaving a single break between each trigger. Jace senses my fear and grabs me by my waist to bring me closer to him. The place where I feel the safest. We both hope that the people shooting right now are not coming our way, because we have no more bullets. We are out of weapons... we could fight with knives but that wouldn't compare to a sniper.

"WHERE THE FUCK IS SHE ?"

Seconds later more bullets are fired, but this time, I am no longer scared. Calm runs through my veins. I recognised the furious voice and I couldn't be happier to see him right now.

I slide out of Jace's grasp and attempt to go around the corner, but Jace's hand reaches my wrist, before I could make an other step. I send him a look that says trust me and he hesitates a little, but lets go.

I am quick to round the corner and that's when I see the rest of my brothers, along with a few other man I don't recognise.

Damon is the first to see me, or rather ready to shoot me down, but immediately lowers his gun, when he recognises me. I see his shoulders relax, before ordering the man to be aware of the surroundings to make sure it was safe.

Blake, the one who yelled out for me like he was about to destroy the entire mansion, quickly makes his way towards me. When I am in his reach, he pulls me into his embrace to hold me tightly against his body.

"You scared the shit out of me Lila !" He speaks and let's me go so I could breath again.

"I got her Blake." Jace's voice rings behind us and Damon is the first to thank him with a small nod. While Blake just stares at him blankly. "Leo you should have a look at Grace. It's bad. Damon I already have my men surrounding the mansion, killing every Italian they see. We should be out of here in less than a few minutes."

And he was right. The worried look on Leo's face, when he saw Grace only lasted a second, before it disappeared under an emotionless mask. But it was enough for me to understand that it was not looking good.

"I'm getting her out of here now." Leo states and gently grabs Grace in his arms, careful not to damage her even more. "Blake, Damon, Jace . Cover for me on case there are still Italians roaming around. Grey you know what to do."

Grey turns towards me and places himself in front of my body, as the others start to walk towards the exit of the mansion. Jace sends me a look that I know all too well.

He is worried and wants to stay close to me to make sure I am safe, but I manage to make him understand that I am in good hands with Grey. He nods and follows next to Damon, with a new loaded gun he handed him.

As we all move as one, we are out of the mansion in less than two minutes. Bodies are all over the floor, the blood is on our hands. Once we are out, Blake drives Leo, an unconscious Grace and a devastated Ethan to the Morgan hospital. It is the gang's hospital and the same I went to, when my brothers first saw my damaged and scared body.