Ticking clock

I let out a satisfied sigh as I slowly awake from my sleep, not even bothering to even open my eyes, as I don't want this moment to end

I let out a satisfied sigh as I slowly awake from my sleep, not even bothering to even open my eyes, as I don't want this moment to end. I finally had a good night of sleep, my princess finally back in my arms even after the terrible events that have been happening one after the other. Consciously, I extend my arm to bring her close to me, but I am left empty handed.

My eyes open wide and I sit up feeling once again the empty space next to me. This has to be a mistake. She was just with me hours ago.

"Magnolia ?" I call out for her hoping that she would be in the bathroom, but when I only get silence in return, I pull the covers off of me quickly and stand up, intending to have a look around the house. Instinctively, I want to grab the gun that I left on the bedside table, but my throat tightens when it is nowhere to be found.

Immediately, I go towards my trousers to slip them on, and take the knife I always have with me, before I leave the room in a fast pace. The sun is slowly rising, which leaves a dark orange colour in the empty hallways, the only sound coming from my feet hitting the floor that are accelerating by the second just like my heart beat.

She didn't leave did she ?

The thought of her leaving would have been absurd, but seeing her laying the bathtub underwater completely motionless yesterday makes me doubt now.

I come across Sam, a member of the Devil's Sons and I watch as he lift his gun towards me, before putting it back down when he realises it's only me. He frowns when he sees the hard expression that lingers on my face, and without an explanation I take the gun out of his hands before putting a bullet through the wall next to us.

Sam's eyes widen and he shouts at me for making this happen, but I don't give a single fuck and wait. Just like I expected rushed footsteps start running down the stairs towards us, until one by one the Knight Brothers are in front of me, their guns lifted in the air searching for any sign of danger.

"What the hell is going on Reed ?" Blake spits out, the bags under his eyes even bigger than the day before, showing the lack of sleep he has had these couple of days. I see him look around, his eyes searching for Magnolia, but I cut his search short by giving him the answer directly.

"She is gone." I say with clenched teeth, keeping the fear of what she might have caused or done to herself, buried deep inside of me. I watch as the emotionless wall on the brothers faces crumble down leaving nothing, but desperation, worry and fear. I take a glimpse at Leo who looks at me knowingly, before turning to Ethan who looks like having an idea of what might be happening. Just then, I realise at the same time as Damon that the youngest of the brothers is missing.

"Ethan go look for Greyson." Damon orders tensely, all the brothers looking confused as where he could be, and I just have a feeling that this is not over.

"What happened Reed ?"Blake asks, as he makes his way over to me craving to get answers.

"I don't know... she was with me the whole night and when I woke up just now, she was gone. My gun is gone and so is she."