21 [ festival ]

"being in his arms was just... he was hugging me so soft almost like he was scared of hurting me!" jake exclaimed hugging his pillow and remembering the previous night.

"hyung we understood that you are in love!" jungwon exclaimed in answer giggling. jake threw the pillow in his arms at him causing the younger one to laugh.

"uhm ... I'm hungry can we go eat?" niki asked massaging his belly like a baby. his hyungs nodded and they all started going out of the room.

jake was going to them too until someone took his arm stopping his steps. the boy looked behind him seeing sunoo with a facial expression that screamed remorse.

"hyung can i talk to you for a moment?" he asked with a low voice. the older nodded and closed the door of his room and sited on the bed.

"i am sorry for saying to you what i heard from jay and sunghoon. it wasn't my business and... it's all my fault if you argued." he apologized keeping his head down low. jake smiled before caressing his hairs making the boy look up.

"sunoo it was not your fault. you told me what you heard because you were scared that he could hurt me. it's all okay." he said opening his arms for the boy to hug him wich sunoo immediately did with a big smile.

"sorry to disturb you two, but you coming?" heeseung asked standing next the now open door. the two nodded and got down to eat too.

"he was in front of me and... i'll be honest, i wanted to kiss him. ha was just there in front of me, lit only by the moon and a few street lamps in the distance, but instead I hugged him. we haven't started talking again for not even a week, it would have been too soon and I also promised to give him time and space." he said sitting on the bed with the phone to his ear.

"hug him is giving him space?" jay laugh enchoed through the phone.

"yah hyung! i just explained to you a date and all you can do is tease me?!" he yelled to his cousin who was still laughing.

jay stopped laughing leaving a short silence. "i am proud of you." jay said almost whispering. sunghoon replace the pout and frown that were on his face with a smile.

"thank you. i am going now, i have pratice!" the younger hung up without not even saying goodbye to his cousin and started taking all his stuff to go.

"wow. that's the sunghoon i wanted! what happened you and your girlfriend resolved your problems?" his coach asked him giving him a buttle of water chuckling.

"kind of." he answered smiling at the thought of being in a relationship with the shorter.

"or is it that boy you took out some time ago?" the other one asked with a smirk on their face.

sunghoon did not even answer. the question surprised him. he didn't even know somebody noticed them last time. he could feel the heat of his cheeks.

"ohhh. i am right." the coach exclaimed laughing.

"h- how do you know it?" sunghoon asked even if the answer was obvious.

"you're so obvious my dear. there is a festival tonight there will also be fireworks. it is a public event and they will be seen in the park close from here. you two should go. good luck!" they said and went away with a big smile.

sunghoon thought about it all the day and at the end he asked out to the older. jake accepted enthusiastic.

the older was now walking to the park looking around in search of the boy. he found him leaning agaist a tree trunk. jake fast walked to him and greeted him with a big smile.

the two started walking going around in the park. being in all that green made them happy. it was really beautiful. some lights were on making some forms like animals or heart shape. it was all for the festival but jake knew almost nothing about it. he only knew that there was a festival in the park. end.

the two wanted to have a photo for memory. sunghoon went to ask to someone to make them a photo. the two walked to the heart and started posing and smiling looking at each other giggling when they made eye contact.

"thank you!" sunghoon thanked happily the woman taking his phone and looking at the photos.

"no problem. by the way, you make a great couple!" she cheered for them and then went away hand in hand with her husband.

the boy couldn't hide his blush. he returned to the sorter who was playing around and making some selfie alone.

"why are you so red?" jake asked eyeing the taller. sunghoon hoped the boy would not notice his blush because of the dark but obviously they were illuminated by a lot of lights, so how could he not notice.

"ahh.. nothing. let's go i saw someone who make cotton candys." sunghoon said offering his hand to the boy who accepted it with another big smile. the two walked to the said place and buyed a pink and blue cotton candy.

they eated walking in a comfortable silence. just like the other time. eventually they sited and started talking a lot. they talked about their days and even got to know a lot more about each other.

while jake was talking, sunghoon controlled his watch. amost midnight. they had to be fast.

"jake there is something you need to see." he said standing up and offering again his hand. "should we go?" he asked with a big smile. he seemed a prince asking him to run away.

jake took his hand and they really started running. jake was feeling like he was a baby all over again. but sunghoon was much more than a play friend, and he knew that. the boy was much more than a friend at all.

they arrived to a lake. they catched breath and sunghoon looked again at his watch.

"just in time." he looked at the sky and the shorter followed his gaze.

"3! 2! 1!" he yelled.

fireworks started coloring the sky. once again jake felt much more attracted to the colors. they looked fascinating just like the male he was with.

sunghoon looked at the fireworks but then glared at the other one. he was spectacular himself, even more than the sky.

---
may end this book tonight. this is a short story so don't aspect all the drama and stuff. probably two chapters or one and i will end it!