3

Love's POV

Time passed in the blink of an eye, and it was the day of our trip to Los Angeles.

I spent my time working and discreetly watching Lorenzo completely move into his apartment across from mine.

I've tried to convince myself I was only observing him because I was curious, but in reality, I wanted to see if he brought any women home.

It wasn't my place, and hasn't been for years, but a little interest never hurt anyone.

I had a show in downtown New York last night, so I'm utterly exhausted and my calves are killing me. I walked back to back for more than two hours, and the only thing that got me through the night was a shot in between each outfit and makeup change.

We still haven't discussed him watching me have sex with Ian, and I'm sure we don't ever talk about it.

On a happier note, I can't wait to visit where Mami grew up. I've been there a lot to visit my grandparents, but mostly for fashion shows.

I was hoping I'd see them, but when I called my abuelita, she mentioned a business trip she's on with my abuelito, and would let me know if they arrive sooner than expected.

I walked to my closet and finished packing. I packed more stuff than I know I'll wear, but it's always good to have options.

When I finished, I threw on a zip up jacket I got from Blair in high school and a pair of sweatpants since we wouldn't be arriving until late.

I thought about dressing up for Lorenzo, but those days are over. I used to put a lot of effort in what I wore around him, but who cares what a man thinks?

Me and my other two colleagues were sent a car to the air strip.

Of course Lorenzo has his own jet. How much more cliché can he get?

༺♡༻

I meant to sit by the window, but the best seat was occupied by the devil himself.

The plane filled and the only open space was next to him.

I huffed as I sat and opened my favorite book, then put in my earbuds.

I don't want to talk.

It was only a matter of time before the flight attendant came by and asked if we wanted to order drinks.

Lorenzo got a water, and I got my signature drink—red wine.

Minutes passed and I was actually enjoying the silence between us before he yanked my earbuds out.

"What?" I growled at him, angry that he interrupted the song that was playing.

"Why so grumpy, Lovebug?" He smirked. It wasn't a friendly one, he knew I had a soft spot for that nickname.

I sent him a glare before I was about to put my earbuds back in.

"What are you reading?" He said, moving closer to me.

"Lorenzo," I said, turning toward him abruptly, "I don't know what you think we are, but we are not buddies. You ruined that bond a long time ago."

I had no idea why I kept bringing up the past. I thought I had buried those memories years ago.

"How are your brothers? I saw Soren about three years ago while he was touring. We kept in touch since then, but we've both been busy."

He kept in touch with Soren?

I mean, I get it. They were once best friends.

When I didn't respond, Lorenzo asked another question. "Santiago has a kid?"