20

Love's POV

The night of the magnificent kiss I shared with Lorenzo, I tossed and turned before my body finally shut down and let me sleep. All that was on my mind was him.

What did that kiss mean for us? For him?

There's no doubt in my mind that I want more than just passionate, life altering kisses from him, but how can he regain my trust when he broke it so brutally in the first place?

I've been taught by my parents never to dwell on the past, but what if your past hurt you so deeply, that you put up emotional walls to never go through that kind of pain again?

That's a valid reason, though if I had the strength to argue back with myself, I knew I'd prove my lesser half wrong. There is nothing wrong with trusting, but it's hard to do so when everyone around you blends into the same, deceitful person.

I've been lied to plenty of times, everyone lies weather we'd like to admit it or not, but it was something about Lorenzo keeping such a big secret from me that hurt the most.

Was he protecting my feelings? Did he not want to deal with the fallout?

I don't think I could handle another heartbreak. I trusted him, and he took complete advantage of that. He treated my heart like it was of no use to him. It doesn't matter if he was protecting me or not, he hurt me in the process.

It's been a week since the kiss, and I've avoided him. Call me insane, but I want to get away from reality for a while. Take a break. I won't run from him forever, just until I'm ready.

Instead of going into the office, I've been doing more modeling in the past week. Not to have a real excuse to not see Lorenzo, but because I miss the people in the crowd whose eyes would be locked on mine as I strutted up and down the runway. Their stares gave me what I needed. Power. Dominance. Control.

I laid on my couch with a pint of Ben and Jerry's ice cream while looking at a magazine that had my face plastered all over it. The headline read:

Supermodel Love Romano takes the attention of Actor Killian Karter after a show. Could this be the beginning of a new romance?

The media will take the smallest shit, and create a big shit storm. My phone has been blowing up with questions since the entire magazine was published and distributed.

Killian is a good friend of mine. We met in a small parlor and got to know each other. We've never looked at each other that way.

We've done past appearances together, only to draw attention away from the object of his affection; Rosalie Garcia, his brothers girlfriend.

I have no room to judge. So what if you're in love with your brothers girl? Damon and Stefan Salvatore had no problem sharing, but it's none of my business. Whenever he asked, I was there for him. In the friendliest way possible. No judgement.

The way his hand was around my shoulders looked sexual, but I assured the first few people who've texted me that there is no romance blooming between us. Only pure friendship.

I let out a long sigh, then put a spoon full of ice cream in my mouth. My phone pinged, and I saw it was from an unknown number. I picked it up, then looked at the message.