23

Love's POV

TW: Smuttyyyyyyy ;)

• • •

"A party?" Blair asked, looking at the black envelope that sat on my bed. She picked it up to closer admire the packaging that probably took an eternity to create. "It's fucking beautiful. It must be handmade."

I looked at its dark coloring, as well as the symbols engraved around the sides, along with the gold seal that holds it closed.

"Well, are you gonna open it?"

It showed up at my doorstep when I was leaving for work, it was just sitting on the ground, waiting to be opened. "You open it."

Blair playfully rolled her eyes, and followed my instructions to open the envelope. "This shit is fucking fancy."

"What does it say?" She hands it to me, and I read the cursive lettering.

You, Love Romano, have been invited to the most exclusive, private party of the year. The masquerade.

A plus one is recommended, but you are able to come alone. Prepare to be someone else tonight.

Your attire; Red. Plus one's attire; Black. Not optional.

Phones and cameras are prohibited or no entry. They will be returned at the end of the night. What happens at the ball stays at the ball.

A limousine will pick you up at 7pm sharp.

See you then.

As I read the letter, I couldn't help but be a little excited. I had no clue who was hosting, but I've heard rumors of these types of parties. They're never held in the same place twice, and people who've revealed what happened that night to the public have disappeared.

In my time modeling in Paris, there was a masquerade that was highly talked about, but I was entirely too busy to attend.

"Will you be my plus one?" I asked Blair while she still stared at the letter.

"A hot, masked party with my best friend and probably hundreds of good looking guys? Hell, yeah!"

We spent the rest of the day shopping for dresses, and when we returned, we began getting ready and gossiping about who we thought would be attending tonight.

"Red is your color!" Blair said while we both looked me up in down in the mirror. My hair is loosely pulled up, some curls framing my face. I glanced down at the deep red dress that hugged my figure, and had two slits that reached the top of my thighs. My entire back was exposed, leaving me a bit cold, but it was worth it.

The lace, black mask I wore drew more attention to my bold red lip, making me look much hotter.

Tonight was going to be a good one.

I looked at Blair in her black dress that screamed modest rich girl now that we were outside. Most of her skin was covered except for her arms, and the satin fabric looked gorgeous on her skin. "I'm jumping out of my skin." She said, holding my hand in hers.

I didn't say so, but I was scared as well. An unknown location with unknown people..we had every right to be nervous. "Calm down, we'll stay by each other's side all night."

"Promise?" She said as a dark, tinted limousine pulled up to escort us to our destination.

"Promise." I squeezed her hand and assured her while we walked toward the car.

The driver stepped out in a white mask, coming to open the door for us. We both climbed in, and I immediately drew my eyes to the bottle of champagne sitting in a tub of ice. I grabbed it, along with a wine glass, and poured myself one.