18

Love's POV

When I walked inside of the building, everyone had such a frantic look on their faces.

Everyone's legs were moving quickly to get to their destinations, and the three people who work at the front desk were crowded by faces of people I've never seen here before.

"What's going on?" I asked the woman who'd just passed me in a hurry.

"Stocks have been crashing due to a technology malfunction." Was all she said before scurrying away.

We hired a new guy in the tech department, and I knew he seemed sketchy. Turns out, he was working to sabotage our products for the benefit of our competitors.

I made my way to my office through the hundreds of people still trying to fix this problem before it got to Lorenzo.

He'd lose his shit if he knew about this.

I sat down in my chair and called for the specs that didn't come across my desk before release to the public.

"Sydney," I called for my new assistant, "can I see you for a moment?"

It only took a few seconds for her to knock and for me to let her inside. "Why didn't I know about this new project? No one told me anything."

"I didn't know either, it must've been overlooked." She said in a low voice, not making eye contact with me.

"We can't afford any overlooks. Do you know how much money this will cost us?" I took a deep breath. "Get Seth on the line and transfer the call to my office. You're dismissed."

༺♡༻

"This fucking dress. I can't." Blair looked at it in its clear covering.

We'd just left work an hour early to get ready for the auction tonight. There was a small encounter before we left. A homeless man tried to grab onto me and I had no choice but to punch him in his face.

If he weren't so invading of my personal space, I would've dropped a fifty dollar bill in his little cup.

"It's hot." I agreed, while driving back to my apartment. She'd brought her dress to my house this morning just after I left for work.

"Will Enzo be there?" Her voice sounded flirtatious.

"Probably. I'm pretty sure he's one of the hosts." I told her while pulling into the parking lot of my building.

"What's up with you two? Seems like you've been close to kissing." We both got out of the car.

"We're just..."

"Just what? Friends?"

"No. Not friends. He's my boss so I think I should at least learn to tolerate him!"

"Yeah..whatever you say, Lovey."

We walked into my building and greeted the doorman, Cyrus, whose been working here for almost thirty years.

He's been very kind to me since I've moved in. He reminds me of the less intimidating version of my abuelito.

"Do you have any bags in the car, Miss Romano?" He asked, while looking at the few in my hand.

"No, Cyrus. Thank you." I sent him a smile.

"Do you need help with the ones you're carrying?" The poor old man looked like he'd break his back if he carried anything over five pounds.

"No, thank you. I'll see you on my way out tonight?" I clicked on the elevator button.

"I'm always here." He said, taking a seat in his chair by the entrance doors.