10

Love's POV

I'd woken up with a roaring headache. My hair was disheveled, and Blair was in the bed next to me, sleeping soundly.

I took the aspirin and glass of water from my bedside table and chugged it all.

Anything to make this raging migraine go away.

It was about two hours before work started, so I let B sleep while I fixed myself up.

I'd gotten a few missed calls from Santiago, so I made a mental note to call him back later.

After brushing my teeth, I turned the shower on to the hottest setting and climbed inside, but not before peaking to see if Lorenzo's lights were on.

They weren't.

I stood under the scolding hot water and let it fall over my head as I thought about the blurry events from the night before.

I scrubbed my body throughly, then laid my back against the cold tile of the shower.

Jolts of chills ran through my body as the past came to the surface.

Seven years and one month ago

To: Lorenzo Castillo
From: Your Lovebug

Today I got out of bed. Of course it wasn't my choice, but Santiago and Soren promised me presents. I couldn't say no to that. This will probably get lost with the other dozen of email's I've sent you, but this is my form of therapy now. This month without you has been the hardest of my life.

There's no possible word to describe this feeling, and the best I could come up with is hate. Lorenzo, I hate you. If I don't hate you, I'll only have myself to blame. I let myself get wrapped up in the fantasy that is you. I let myself care for the first time and this is the outcome. Loneliness.

I wish you would've said goodbye. It would've been better than wondering if I'm the reason you left. I lied before when I told you that I'll get through this. This hole in my chest will forever be there without you. When you left me, you took a piece of my soul with you. And as much as I hate to admit it, I miss you. So much. Your touch, your smile, your cooking. Especially your cooking.

Enough with all the feelings. I met a guy today. His name is Koa. Possible relationship? Probably not. We're studying tomorrow night. It's yet another reason for me go drag myself out of bed and stop feeling sorry for myself. Koa seems like a nice guy. I think you two would get along pretty well. Other than the fact that he chews his ice cream. I know you hate that.

Anyway, I still think of you. I was looking for my math homework when I noticed the photo I drew in art class was missing. The moon one? You know, the one I was working on right before you left? Maybe I'm just overlooking it or something. I also found your hoodie in my closet a while back. I sleep with it every night. I'm not ready to let go of you yet. I won't say I'm waiting for you, but let's face it..I am.

I love you forever.
Yours truly, Lovebug

Present day

As I walked through the double glass doors of the office building, my head still pounded.

Blair walked beside me with a smile on her face, ready to work. This morning, she was more cheerful than usual. I asked her what it was about, and all she said was she's ready to turn over a new leaf.

Whatever that meant.

"You okay?" She said, stopping in front of me and placing her hands on my shoulders.