31

Lorenzo's POV

TW: Violence

•••

"Go to hell!" The poor defenseless man sitting in my living room chair said, still feeling the effects of the cuts I made on his face.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk," I taunted, "I hold the power, Mandos. I know we were friends in the past, but all good things must come to an end. Especially when someone in my inner circle sells secrets."

Mandos spat the blood from his mouth onto my wood floors, "I didn't sell shit! I wouldn't betray you like that. You're family."

"You preach about family, but you're blabbing your mouth to the Russians. I can't have someone I can't trust beside me because when shit gets rough, you'll run. You won't get far, but you'll run like a little coward."

"Enzo—"

"Shut the hell up!" I said, inching toward his almost limp body. "You know there are far worst things I could do than kill you."

"Please, not my brother," he pleaded, "I-I'm sorry."

"I don't want your shit apologies, Mando. I just want loyal, trustworthy people who I know won't screw up."

I contemplated putting a bullet in his head or letting him go.

What kind of message would that send to everyone else?

You can cross me, and you'll be let go with a warning.

No.

"네 엄마한테 내가 안부 전해줘," I cocked my gun, and fired. [say hello to your mother for me]

Blood spattered the walls and furniture, creating an even bigger burden. "Fuck," I cursed, picking up my phone to call the only cleanup service I could.

Love's POV

"Please tell me you'll attend," Mami said through the phone.

She's been trying for the past fourteen minutes to convince me to make an appearance at the charity event she put together and is hosting tomorrow night.

"Mami, I've had an extremely long day at work..stocks have been crashing and everything is just hectic, I don't know if I'll have the time." I lied, I just really didn't feel like putting on a brave face for people I barely could stand to be around.

"I'm having the caterers make all of your favorite dishes. Even your brother Santi is making an appearance, and I hear he's bringing a date along."

"Yeah, that took me by surprise. He said her name is Vera?" I asked, thinking about our phone call from a couple of days ago. He couldn't stop talking about how nervous he was to bring her along—but more importantly, how nervous he was for her to meet Lina.

Santiago was very passionate about Lina not forgetting her birth mother, Amelia, and how much he doesn't want her growing up thinking he tried to replace her mother.

"Yes, Vera. She's such a sweetheart. A wonderful woman with great heart."

I let out a loud laugh, followed by the most embarrassing snort, "Mami, you've met her twice. Once over video chat and the other was when you were running late for a meeting. I would hardly say you know the woman."

"You know what I meant, Love. And your father wants you to come as well. He misses you."

"I miss him, too. I just would rather stay home looking over how to fix the problems at my job." No, I would actually rather sit in front of my television eating a pint of Ben and Jerry's.