Reunited & Redwood's Choice

Through the Glacier Pass, the human tribe traveled through the pass. Runar took one last look at the valley. He knew his family was gone, so he placed his wife's necklace down in the snow and walked on.

He then stops and turns around to see Manny slowly approach him, (with Sid, Avery, and Redwood hiding behind him). Manny lifts his trunk but Runar assumes it's to attack him, so he aims his spear at the mammoth. Manny then grabs the spear and tosses it to the side so Runar couldn't use it.

The wolves and the rest of the tribe turn around and believe their leader is in trouble, so they start running at Manny to attack.

Manny lifts his trunk once again, finally being able to show that he had the baby on his back. Runar is both shocked but also relieved to see his son is still alive. He turns to his tribe and stops them from attacking Manny.

Sid then faints from the situation and Avery sighs tiredly.

Meanwhile, Manny placed the baby down as he walked toward his father and reached for him. Once he got to him, the two share a loving hug, which causes Avery to tear up in happiness. Sid wakes up and smiles at the small scene.

Avery then gestures for Redwood to go to the humans. She listens and slowly starts walking to the tribe. They spot the child and she shyly waves at them. They were surprised to see another kid and looked around her to see if she had her parents with her.

Once they realized that she was basically alone, Runar reached his hand out to her and decided to welcome her to the tribe. Redwood reaches for his hand as Manny and Sid start to leave.

The baby notices and whines a bit as he calls out for them, which causes Manny and Sid to stop and turn back to the humans. Redwood turns around herself and freezes to think for a bit. Avery, (who is on Redwood's shoulder), gives her a confused look and wanted to know what she was going to do.

Redwood looked at the human tribe and back to her mammal friends. The point of finding the humans was so she can be safe and happy. But now that she thought about it, she felt the safest and happiest when she was with the herd. Despite their rocky start, the adventure they just had brought them closer.

Redwood thought a bit more for a few seconds before she made her decision. She wanted to stay with the herd. She pulled back her hand from Runar. He was surprised by her actions but when she gestured to Manny and Sid, he knew why she rejected his offer.

Runar nods at Redwood understandably, and she smiles at him before walking back to Manny and Sid. She looked at Avery, hoping that she wouldn't be mad or disappointed in her. But instead, Avery gives the child a supportive look. She agreed with Redwood's choice to stay. After all, she would also miss the guys if they left.

"Aren't you going to go with them?" Sid asked.

Redwood nodded no. "Why would I want to go if my family is you guys?"

Manny and Sid smiled at the kid and seemed happy that she wanted to stay.

Meanwhile, Runar placed the baby down so he can give the herd one last goodbye. Sid was the first one the baby went to and they shared a hug. "Don't forget about us. OK?"

He passes him to Manny, who hugs him with his trunk, tearfully. "We won't forget about you".

Redwood and Avery hug the baby next. "You brought all of us together. And we're happy you did", Avery says before Runar comes to get his son.

He takes out his wife's necklace and gives it to Redwood. She tearfully accepts in and places it around her neck. This was something, along with her parents' spear, that she was definitely going to take care of.

She wipes away her tears as they all watch the tribe begin to leave.

"Bye". Sid waves sadly. "Goodbye. Goodbye".

"Sid..."

"Bye".

The baby then covers his eyes and does a quick peek-a-boo just like what Diego did before.

"That's right. Where's the baby?" Sid says.

"Come on, you three, let's head south". Manny turns around and stops as he sees Diego walking towards them. The baby notices and does another peek-a-boo at Diego, which allows him to give his goodbye.

Meanwhile, Sid continued on saying 'bye' until the tribe was finally out of the herd's sight.

"Save your breath, Sid. You know humans can't talk. Well, except for Redwood". Diego says.

Sid, Avery, and Redwood turn around and finally notice the saber near them, which made all of them extremely happy and relieved. "Diego? You're OK". Sid says happily.

"Nine lives, baby". Diego boasts a bit before getting tackled into a group hug by everyone except Manny.

"YAY! You're OK. You're OK. I could kiss ya". Sid kisses Diego's head before immediately regretting it and trying to spit out the hairs in his mouth.

"I never thought I would be so happy to see a saber's face, let alone yours," Avery says, earning a look from Diego. "Heh... What I mean is, I'm glad you're alright".

Diego then turns his attention to Redwood. "So you're still with us?"

"Yup. We're a herd after all", she tells him before giving him another hug; this time gentler.

"Welcome back, partner. Wanna lift?" Manny offers Diego as he and Redwood stopped hugging.

"No thanks. I gotta save whatever dignity I've got left".

"You're hanging out with us, now buddy. Dignity's got nothing to do with it". Sid assures him.

"Besides, I think we all lost that the minute this journey started", Avery says jokingly.

"But I'll take that lift". Sid tells Manny.

"Yeah, climb aboard. You too, kid. We've got another long journey ahead of us".

Sid and Redwood excitedly climb onto Manny's back while Avery catches a ride on one of his tusks.

"Yeah! Mush!... Or not mush. Either way", Sid says the herd begins heading south. "This is gonna be the best migration ever. I'm telling ya, I'll show you my favorite watering holes. I turn brown when the fungus in my fur dries".

"Sounds very attractive". Manny says sarcastically.

"You know, this whole Ice age thing is getting old. You know what I could go for? Global warming".

"Keep dreaming, Sid", Avery shakes her head.

The herd continues their conversation as they start to migrate. Their old adventure was over, while a new one has just begun.

END CHAPTER
_______________________________________
A/N: Done with the first movie. And you know what? It was actually pretty fun. Just as the herd has more adventures ahead of them, I have more movies to write about. But hey, I'm determined to finish them.

Anyway, please comment and tell me what you think of the chapter.