The Chasm of Death

After that plant incident, the herd continued walking through the jungle. And this time, they now had Buck leading them, which was honestly something they should've done a long time ago. Regardless, they would be a lot safer with him, considering how they didn't know how their new environment worked as well as the dinosaurs living in it.

"Do you think the Beast will find Sid?" Eddie asked Buck nervously.

"Or more importantly, us?" Crash adds.

Buck turns to them. "Rudy? Are you joking? He's relentless. He knows all. Sees all. Eats all". He tells them in the least reassuring way possible. "So that's a yes".

Buck then noticed everyone looking a bit scared. Not because of what he said but because of what was behind him. Eddie points to it and Buck turns to see red eyes staring at them.

"Hey, get off my lawn! Go on! Shoo!" He tells the creature, whose 'eyes' turn out to just be patterns on the wings of a butterfly, which flies away.

"I knew that guy when he was a caterpillar. You know, before he came out". Buck tells everyone.

Manny, Diego, Avery, and Redwood walk ahead of the herd as they follow him. "So you're just living down here by your wits? All on your own? No responsibilities?" Diego asks Buck.

"Not one. It's incredible. No dependence, no limits. It's the greatest life a single guy could have". He answered happily.

Diego then turns to Manny and Redwood. "You hear that? This is my kinda place".

"Great... a place full of danger, death, no responsibilities, and no one to stick by you when you need it the most!" Redwood spoke sarcastically. "Sounds like every person's dream".

"Red, be nice. This place isn't so bad", Avery says.

Just then, Buck started using a rock as a phone, (for some odd reason). "Hello? Yeah. No, I can't talk right now. You know, I'm trying to recover a dead sloth. Heh". He puts his knife in a tree and raises a finger, telling the herd to give him a minute. "And they're following me. I know. They think I'm crazy. OK, we're going into the Chasm of Death. I'm gonna lose ya. Yeah, alright. Goodbye. Goodbye. Goodbye". He drops the rock and grabs his knife again. "Okay. Follow me".

"That's you in three weeks", Manny tells Diego.

The girls chuckle a bit before continuing and Redwood takes a look around the area, still having mixed feelings for this place. On one hand, there was undoubtedly danger in things that seemed harmless. But on the other hand, not everything looked like it was out to get them and some stuff actually seemed pretty cool.

And the more she thought about it, the more she realized that despite what they just went through, she and the others have been through way worse before all of this, so maybe she was just overreacting.

"Still feeling tense?" Avery asked her as she climbed onto the human's shoulder. "I know you're still a little shaken up, but try to relax for now, okay?"

Redwood sighs and nods. Despite feeling a bit on edge, she decided to trust Avery's word and somewhat calm down. "Okay. It's just... a lot of things happened today and I guess I might be feeling slightly paranoid".

"Just don't try to be on Manny's level of paranoia", Avery chuckles. "Besides, as long as we have Buck with us, we'll be fine".

Redwood nodded and started feeling in a better mood, which was refreshing considering how she wasn't feeling that much positive lately due to a number of reasons.

Avery then turned her attention forward and back onto the trail they were on. But soon, her eyes started drifting over to Buck and her focus was more on him as he continued to lead the herd.