Drifting Apart

(A/N: I'm wondering if anyone even reads my other books... Maybe I should try something new?... I don't know...

_______________________________________

A few moments pass and the herd (specifically Manny, Sid, Diego, and Redwood) set off to look for Granny. Though so far, they weren't having any luck in finding her.

"Granny?" Sid called out.

"Granny!" Diego did the same, followed by Manny and Redwood yelling as well.

"Granny!"

"Come out, come out wherever you are!"

"Come on, Granny!"

"Here, Granny, Granny, Granny. I have prunes for you! Just the way you like them!" Sid spoke before spitting up prunes, which were all chewed up and slimy from being in his mouth.

The rest of the group saw this and both Manny and Diego looked away in disgust, meanwhile Redwood gagged and almost threw up.

"I don't want to see that", Manny said before noticing something while he looked away. "Huh?" He saw Peaches and Louis heading to the falls and started to get upset at the fact that Peaches snuck off again.

Redwood recovered from gagging and saw Manny's expression before turning to see what he was looking at. "Oh no", she mumbled to herself.

"'Oh no' is right", Manny said.

Before he could do anything brash, Redwood stood in front of him. "H-hey! Hold up! There's a better way to do this, you know. How about you guys continue looking for Sid's Granny and I'll handle Peaches?" She suggested.

"Give me a reason why I should let you. If anything, you'll sneak off with her too!" Manny told her.

"But I won't!" Redwood denied. "Look, if she doesn't listen to me, I'll at least try to keep her out of trouble. No danger, no risk, no boys. Just supervision by me. I promise".

Manny looked between the falls and Redwood while thinking it over. It's not that he didn't trust Redwood, he just didn't want Peaches to convince her to join in on the recklessness like she normally would. But then again, Redwood wasn't always tempted to do 'teenager' things as much as Peaches. She was more well-behaved and understood better. (Mainly because she's never been around the other kids to be influenced by these things but he didn't think too much about that).

Manny then sighed and allowed it. "Alright, fine. But I'm sending back-up just in case you forget your job".

Redwood nodded and ran over to follow Peaches and Louis. Meanwhile Diego, (who was standing there the whole time), looked at Manny in confusion.

"What makes you think you can't trust her?" The saber asked.

"If you haven't noticed, she's getting dragged into things she's not supposed to do. Like sneaking out without us knowing", Manny told him. "She promised us before that she would be more careful and I was right to doubt her on that".

"But is she really doing anything terrible? Or are you just overreacting?" Diego questioned. "I know you want the girls out of trouble, and I understand why, but you can trust Redwood at least. I know I do".

Manny scoffs. "Well trust me. If you knew how it was being protective of your own kid, you'd be saying something different right now".

"Who says Redwood isn't my kid? I want her safe too, but I still trust her enough on her own".

"Okay, tiger. Let's see how long that lasts..... And by the way, she's my kid too, you know. We all raised her".

Diego rolled his eyes at Manny's response and the two continued their search of finding Granny.