Fight & Flight Response

(A/N: This is possibly one of the longer chapters I've written for this book. And to be fair, it's very much needed

Also for those of you wanting some more Avery x Buck, you might wanna stick around for this chapter in particular. There's a surprise for you all).

_______________________________________

In the jungle, Sid pants as he continues to run from Rudy. While running, he spots a log and scrambles to hide in it. Thinking Rudy won't catch him now, he sighs in relief, only for the dinosaur to bring his feet down on both sides of the log.

This forces Sid to start running again. "Go away! Go away! Shoo! Stranger danger! Stranger danger!"

Rudy's foot stomps on the ground behind him, causing it to crack from the impact. Meanwhile, Sid sees he's heading towards lava and tries to turn back but slips. The cracks Rudy made caused the ground to break up, revealing the lava underneath and trapping Sid.

As Sid begins to drift off into the river of lava, he looks to see Rudy growl while walking away. At least that's one less problem to deal with. But unfortunately, now he's stuck on a platform in the middle of lava.

"Don't worry. It's just lava". Sid tells himself, trying to remain calm. He then hits a rock which breaks the platform he's on, making it smaller. "Deadly, boiling, lava!" He now begins to panic. And it only gets worse when he looks ahead to see he's heading for Lava Falls, which causes him to start screaming in complete fear.

Meanwhile, Buck and the others are standing in another area near the falls, getting a good view of it.

Feeling determined, Avery steps next to Buck. "Okay, so what's the plan?"

"That depends. Do you trust me?" He asks her.

Avery was confused by his question. But with all that he did to help them get this far, plus protecting them from danger, how could she not trust him? So she smiled and nodded in response. "Of course".

Buck grinned at her answer before turning to Crash and Eddie. "Boys, are you ready for adventure?"

"Yes, sir!" Crash and Eddie salute him.

"For danger?"

"Yes, sir!"

"For death?" He wraps his arms around the possums and Avery with a crazed grin on his face as he said the last part.

"Uh, could you repeat the question?" Crash asks. His and Eddie's excitement was replaced with nervousness and Avery was wondering if she made the right choice.

"Jump!"

Without much of a warning, Buck ran forward with Crash, Eddie, and Avery still in his grasp and they all jump off the side of the cliff. All four of them scream as they plummet into the mist below the cliff but then re-emerge while hanging onto the tail of a Pteranodon. It throws them in the air and Buck lassos its mouth with a vine, using it as reigns as they land on its back.

"That's right! Come on!" He cheered.

Crash, Eddie, and Avery land on the dinosaur next. Avery grips tightly onto it so she doesn't fall off, meanwhile the possums hold onto her as well for dear life.

"Have you ever flown one of these before?!"Crash asks Buck.

"No! First time, actually!" He answers them before whipping the reigns to make the Pteranodon fly faster. "Yee-haw!"

"I'm hoping this was the right choice". Avery comments as they fly on to save Sid.

*Back at the Plates*